Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys long time since ive posted ....... i was wondering i have a aem cai and all ive done so far was spray it with a hose and make sure i got all the sand and crap outa it...... do i have to do anything else , like get a new filter every year or can i just keep cleaning it out . just wondering ... also ive heard of recharge kits as in recharging what -_-

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
That was all I did when i installed mine. The recharger kit is to clean and oil your filter again. You don't have to change your filter out every year. I've had mine on for almost two years and it is fine. When it gets dirty i clean it. Filters aren't that expensive anyway.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thx thats what i thought..... i drove with it on all winter and man when i cleaned it out in the summer did it have some dirt stuck in it heeh. thx again bro and gnite!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ive got the aem cold air on my zx3. I just use the k&n filter cleaner kit works great! With all the road construction here in vegas i clean it about twice a year, after the winter and right around the new school year. ive had it for 2 1/2 years and no hydro or particle problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to know, I heard the K&N filters aren't that great, they do increase horsepower, but at a cost, they don't filter out all the road junk.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
That 'rumor' about K&N is crap..... there was a thread a bit back on here about it. Something like it filters 0.00000000000003 less dirt particles then (another brand) filter.....

Funny....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts