Focus Fanatics Forum banner

AEM or K&N

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after I took off my procharger I have been running with the stock intake for a while now. I had a AEM CAI before with great results but I have heard great things about the K&N as of late. For those of you that have either SPEAK UP and help me decide on which to get. As always thx for your time and input in advance.

·
Registered
579 Posts
intakes

i will be able to tell you more after wednesday, i just ordered the K&N aircharger. the main reason for me is that i have some flooding when it rains heavy, and only so many ways home i would have to go through at least one. also if you decide on the K&N check-out www.4filters.com i got mine for $230.94 and free ground shipping. good luck on your decision.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
I have the K&N SRAM intake on my car, and it's great. You sacrifice a minimal amount of power by going SRAM over CAI, but the ability to cruise through deeper puddles is worth the all of 1 HP drop. I say go for the SRAM.

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah whats wrong with shortram, but between those two id go with the K&N, im from oregon and i had a cai on my svt and yeah no bueno.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
yeah, I've had my SRAM for over a year now, and I couldn't be happier. If you don't ever go near puddles and aren't afraid of hydrolock, get the CAI, if not, go SRAM.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I'll trade you my AEM CAI for your Procharger. lol ... I have the AEM and love it, I wouldn't trade it for anything else that's available right now.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
So what were you leaning towards at this point?

·
Registered
579 Posts
intakes

can't really say anything about the AEM, but i installed my K&N charger yesterday are really like it, not the loudest i have heard but throttle response is very good and the whistle sound is really cool under throttle.... [thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just got a shortram AEM going to install it tomarrow.. My cousen has one for hes se and loves it. So go AEM. you will be happy

·
Registered
27 Posts
def AEM CAI...much much better...[thumb]

·
Registered
714 Posts
AEM CAI. Had it for over 3 years and I'll keep it when I add the Procharger w/FMIC [;)]

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Wow, K&N took the early lead, but now has fallen back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got an aem cai intake on ebay for 100 and love it. especially the fake bov sound it makes when hitting the throttle. Excellent quality

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
So what'd you go with?

·
Registered
579 Posts
intake

my k&n makes the same sound, as well as the whistle like a turbo spooling up. pretty cool.[8D]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts