Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a cold air intake for my '00 Zetec and I thought I had my heart set on an AEM CAI. But then I stumbled upon this F2 CAI for $80!
That's nearly $170 cheaper than the AEM.

The price seems almost too good to be true. So what are peoples experience with this CAI? Is the AEM worth the nearly $170 higher price tag? Will the F2 CAI still give me some slight performance gains over stock?

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
id say get the F2. AEM's are way too high priced. from the pic, it looks like a quality piece. is there anyone else here with the F2 CAI??

·
Registered
704 Posts
my friend bought the F2 intake, the welds on the lower support bracket came off and now he has a big hole in the lower part of the tubing right before the filter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wakeboardjl said:
my friend bought the F2 intake, the welds on the lower support bracket came off and now he has a big hole in the lower part of the tubing right before the filter.
before that happened how did the cai perform?
im guessing all of them dont do that [:)] he just got unlucky

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
but it is the same dude welding all the intakes. i would bet on that.

wakeboardjl, did you see the welds? did it look like a 3yr old did it? cause the AEM welds are really professional

·
Registered
89 Posts
you can't go wrong with an aem intake, personal favorite

·
Registered
789 Posts
AEM hands down

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just from my experience, my friend drives a 1995 Saturn SC2 with an AEM CAI, and the welds on his bracket also snapped, so just to throw that out there. I however am in the same boat as you, however, I'm dead set on the F2 intake, for the differenence of $170, I'll put it on, snap the bracket, reweld it, and still save $165. And of course, it could never snap, or it could, who knows. But as the case of the Saturn, AEM's aren't bulletproof.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yeah if your set on CAI that F2 looks good, though thats just about the only intake ive never owned

·
Registered
34 Posts
any other opinions on this F2 CAI??

Im kind of in the boat between this CAI and the FS one, but it seems that the FS cool flo is just a filter attachment?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sound alone from the AEM CAI is worth the money, plus the seat pressing slightly firmer into your back will also make you smile, go with the AEM, it is very high quality. [:)]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I've had the same problem with other cheaper cai. I talked to Ricardo at F2 and told him what has happened in the past with other cai. He said they would warranty the intake and replace it for free. So I would buy the F2 intake becuase of the price and the warranty behind the intake. If you were going to spend around $200 for an intake then I would personally go with the Volant system. I bought cheap intakes because I'm not going to waste the $ on buying one nice intake once I got to turbo. It would be a waste of $. [thumb]

wakeboardjl said:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts