Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently took my car on the nurburgring,, 12th of the month,, all went well as u can see on the pics,, ( focus general chat) then decided to go agen the following sunday,, where i pushed the beast to the limit,, bak end coming out all over the place,, and,, being inexperienced in thiss,, put the car into the barrier,, drivers side,,

the damage is a bent wishbone,, bent shock,, damaged track rod and the garage also said it is "advisable" to get a new hub and bearing,,
due to prices of this dameage they said to get it driveable again they would just replace the wishbone and track rod,, i dont really no what to do lol,,

any advise would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Ouch!!!

That sounds right assuming the track rod is the swaybar. I'd think that the rack and pinion (steering) would be a problem, the outer tie rod would most likely be damaged. Without looking at the suspension I'd say you'd need a lower control arm (wishbone), tie rod, tie rod end, sway bar end link, and possibly the sway bar also. You'll be lucky if you don't need a strut and strut bearing as well.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
^^ I will second what whynot said. Personally, I would inspect the rack and pinion to confirm damage - those units used to be pretty tough and take a good hit without being damaged. I don't know about the one under the Focus though. With the rest of the suspension, it is usually a good idea to replace all parts on the damaged side to prevent any guess work on why the front end won't line up properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts