Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be best to get the stock clutch or would an aftermarket clutch work just as good? Thinking of getting an aftermarket one soon but not sure if it will be worth it or what brand is best for this car?
I have an 03 svt.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Would it be best to get the stock clutch or would an aftermarket clutch work just as good? Thinking of getting an aftermarket one soon but not sure if it will be worth it or what brand is best for this car?
I have an 03 svt.
It depends on how you drive your car & where+ the mods you have. You have a d/m flywheel witch is easier on the trans & makes the car more flexibly in traffic. What motor mounts do you have? What upgrades do you have or are thinking about doing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't drive too crazy or race it much. I drive more street sometimes.
I want something smooth but that also catches quick cuz sometimes I do get stuck in traffic on the Fwy
I just got the car about 2 months ago and everything looks stock and stock mounts. I would like to put new ones but also not sure which ones are good for this car either. Any advise?
And pretty soon I just want to lower the car a bit and put new wheels but first the clutch and mounts and timing belt

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Don't drive too crazy or race it much. I drive more street sometimes.
I want something smooth but that also catches quick cuz sometimes I do get stuck in traffic on the Fwy
I just got the car about 2 months ago and everything looks stock and stock mounts. I would like to put new ones but also not sure which ones are good for this car either. Any advise?
And pretty soon I just want to lower the car a bit and put new wheels but first the clutch and mounts and timing belt
>>>>CFM has svt clutchs & also has the t/b & idler. I'd also add a dogbone.
I would also in the near feauture put a new intake manifold, headers, just to make it a bit quicker
Pass on the i/m & header. Its a svt & they figured out how to get more power out of it= 170hp vs 130hp. You can add a cai/sri & a t/b & a tune.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the SVT performance section, better for the questions than an electronic tuning area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts