Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just interested in seeing what information I could get from you all. I am going to be running stock head with comp stage 2 cams, adj cam gears, AEM short ram, FR Intake, Shorty header, High flow cat, fswerks stealth cat back, and probably have the xcal tuner. My question is how much of a difference will the swap make for me? If I get the FR Head then it will be done last. Also what is the price difference/advantages of porting a stock head compared to swapping to the FR head?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
a good 15+ whp/wtq. and don't go w/ a short ram intake, go w/ a cold air. And ur going w/ a FR intake mani? do you have emissions in ur state? if not, go w/ svt header and ORP. or skip the shorty header and go w/ SVT header and HFC (svt) if you have emissions

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have all parts minus the cams and head..so i'm prob not going to buy anything more .. trying to keep my emissions stuff on too. But i was more interested in info about the heads since i already have everything else.

·
FF Affiliate
31,513 Posts
If your doing this for performance then your have the wrong parts , to use that FR Intake you need the stg 3 cams and at least 10.5 compression , ported head , SVT header , 70mm TB , custom 3 inch intake with a 3 inch MAF , adj cam gears anything less then this and it wont make much power

I have always said an engine takes a combination of the correct parts to make good HP

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok how about on a stock head with stg 2 cams ... i could always switch to svt style header i got the shorty for free. And im thinking abt switching to a volant intake too i found one for abt $150

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Manifold, that i am contemplating trading off with the throttle body i have for a ported 2000 mani and tb. .bc i kind of want to use my stock head. So how about 2000 mani w/ tb svt header and stage 2 comp cams w gears and volant intake on stock head? Right now it has aem short ram shorty header and magnaflow hi flow cat w stock exhaust. Muffler buzzes when i open it up sounds like crap but runs pretty decent except when i am running low rpm its kind of choppy. Idles good tho. Just wanting to know if the fr head is going to be worth the money for me .. i'm trying to get decent power on sort of a budget.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
The fr manifold in combination with stage 3 cams or higher in a frpp head would be very good to say the least. If you do not use some sort of ported head then max of stage 2 cams and get rid of the fr manifold.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There we go! So no need running the fr intake manifold on a stock head correct? I came across it fairly cheap so i picked it up along with a couple of other things .. so hopefully i can trade some of the stuff i have or sell it and get the set up mentioned above! Thanks for the help

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
I would personally use the fr manifold and port the head or get one that is and cam the help out of it. That is something I wanted to do for quite awhile and never got to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not really looking to put that much money into it just want to get everything that I can out of my stock bottom end and head. Its a gen 1 manifold if you know anyone that would be interested in it I will let it go for cheap.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Listen texasmalexus, I have some crucial information for you.

Do not sell the intake manifold. It is a very rare part, and if you let it go you will likely never find another one. The weakest link in the zetec engine for creating power is the cylinder head. The stock manifold isn't really a restriction until after 7k rpm. That's why installing it on a stock head is pointless. Now what you need to do is either get the FR head, which is an excellent hassle free choice, or get your stock head seriously ported by someone on the forum (massive or focus power)

Once you decide on a good flowing head, get some oversized valves, high lift valve springs, a nice set of stg 3 cams, volant intake, larger throttle body, and svt header, you will see excellant gains with the manifold.

If you do sell the intake, don't ask any less than $500. I'd hate to someone let a gem go for nothing because they didn't know its true value.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FF Affiliate
31,513 Posts
500 for the old Gen1 Intake that needs 200.00 worth of work done to it will be hard to get , he still needs the Alt adaptor and grind a little on the Intake and Alt , Mustang TB or adaptor for the Focus TB

The Gen2 is selling for 450-550 and is a direct bolt on

Tom

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I didn't read where he said it needed work done, but still. He'd be bummed if he sold it for 50 bucks then realized that its worth 3-4 times that at minimum.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Ported 2000 in hand (no TB though) ...

I'll trade for the FRIM and toss some cash on top. But only if it is a Gen I.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
PM'd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.