Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i expect from this? I want a 12 Lb. flywheel from fidanza, and im just wondering if i'm going to get out of the hole quicker, and launch harder and such.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It revs up quicker thats for sure, also the revs drop faster between shifts during normal driving. They tend to have a quite a bit of chatter also.

·
Registered
738 Posts
you also wont see as much engine brake... not sure if that's good or bad, but it's there... I find myself reving to 4k or more in first gear becuase it goes from 2-4k in about 1 second if that... it's kinda neat though...

definatly worth the money

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
It's not so much for getting out of the hole quicker, it's in-gear acceleration that benefits, especially in the lower gears. And especially when mated with a tune, the revs won't just hang like they do in the stock car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i just put it in along with cm stg 3 clutch and i would absolutly recommend it it does rev alot quiker and everything everyone else said is definatly true but it is very noisy and that is a bit annoying!

·
Registered
139 Posts
dose it actually increase horspower??? And is the gear chatter really that bad?? I have to get a new clutch soon and I am really debating if I should get a lightened flyhwheel..

·
Registered
738 Posts
the noise is very annoying at first, but you get used to it... as far as 1/4 times I cant tell you because my times were all over the place because something was up with my stock tune... would run 16.1 one race then a 17.1 next and change nothing... got a tune, time dropped to 15.8 with some slippage of the clutch on 1-2 and 2-3

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Look at it this way. A stock 5.0 mustang vs the same 5.0 mustang with a (14lb?) flywheel were compared in a driveline engineering book I read. The mustang with the lightweight flywheel was 1.5 carlengths ahead at the 1/4 mile.

But if you do things like Autocrossing, where you are repeatedly accelerating and decelerating in low gears that really makes a lot of difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts