Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone besides tuners adjusting their spark, A/F ratio, or any other odd parameters within their xcalII or III? Can anyone explain what adjustments would yield the most HP/TQ? Or do all of you just leave the tune "as is" and load it to your ecu. The only thing I have adjusted is my idle.[loveff]

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have: Global Spark Timing Adj., 0-2000RPM Timing Adj., 2000-4000 RPM Timing Adj., 4000-8000RPM Timing Adj., WOT Fuel Adj., Rev Limiter Neutral/Drive, Idle Speed Neutral/Drive, Tire Size Adj, Axle Size Adj.

Basically the Global Spark and the RPM ranges allow you to Retard or Advance Spark, The WOT Fuel adjusts fuel % at WOT to a limit.

I am not sure but I believe the person making your tune files has to unlock certain End User Adjustable Options when they make a file for you.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
So if I read this right there is a little adjustability from the base tune you get on the sct?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i thought you needed the pro-racer package.....

·
Registered
720 Posts
i thought you needed the pro-racer package.....
For full control of your tune or to completely tune the vehicle on your own yes. But the handheld can be programmed with options enabled (by your dealer) that allow you to change minor items (limited.) The preloaded files from us have options enabled as well.

These options are not enough to completely tune a vehicle; they are there to allow the customer to make minor tweaks to the tune.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
Has anyone besides tuners adjusting their spark, A/F ratio, or any other odd parameters within their xcalII or III? Can anyone explain what adjustments would yield the most HP/TQ? Or do all of you just leave the tune "as is" and load it to your ecu. The only thing I have adjusted is my idle.[loveff]
I see you have my tune , If you need things changed I am willing to help , just randomly +/- timing or fuel could hurt your engine , you need to have a AF Gauge and the ability to see if +/- timing is helping any

Tom

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^Yeah.

Unless you know what you are doing, I wouldn't mess with it too much. All I adjusted on my tune for my old car was the transmission shift schedule (it was an ATX and was WAAAY to firm for a while).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see you have my tune , If you need things changed I am willing to help , just randomly +/- timing or fuel could hurt your engine , you need to have a AF Gauge and the ability to see if +/- timing is helping any

Tom
Oh yeah I am not randomly adjusting the tune. no way! But I was wondering if anyone else on here has and what they did, like with the A/F ratio and spark. Love the tune Tom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts