Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 2014 was in an accident and the body shop did a sub par job fixing it. in the (lol) 3rd owner. looks like there was some frame damage since a couple of the crumple zones moved slightly and I need to touch up the paint in those areas. I got the car for a steal so it doesn't bother me that much. mechanically its perfect. however what does bother me is the door sags just enough to make contact with the striker plate before finally latching. I want to adjust It up a smige and it should be fine. ive never adjusted a door before but im fairly mechanically inclined. im looking for tricks to make the job easier. anyone have experience adjusting the doors on a mk3? tips or tricks?

·
Registered
73 Posts
so my 2014 was in an accident and the body shop did a sub par job fixing it. in the (lol) 3rd owner. looks like there was some frame damage since a couple of the crumple zones moved slightly and I need to touch up the paint in those areas. I got the car for a steal so it doesn't bother me that much. mechanically its perfect. however what does bother me is the door sags just enough to make contact with the striker plate before finally latching. I want to adjust It up a smige and it should be fine. ive never adjusted a door before but im fairly mechanically inclined. im looking for tricks to make the job easier. anyone have experience adjusting the doors on a mk3? tips or tricks?
Mine has been in for a "warranty" adjustment twice already. While they don't have a TSB for my model year, there is a TSB out their for the 11 or 12 model year. Search for something like focus front door to rear door contact at the top weatherstrip. Perhaps you can find the instructions for the TSB.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know yours isn't the issue addressed by the TSB, but I would think the instructions for the TSB would tell you what you are looking for in how to adjust the door alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts