Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know now how i would adjust my new KS halo projectors? The low beam is shining pretty high. I can probably find the screw to adjust it but wen i go to adjust them i'll do it infront of a wall. Where should the light be shining right against the wall to know they are the right level?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Solaris, FocusOnThis posted this in the other thread...
FocusOnThis said:
Micro, I sent ya a PM on adjusting the lights. But for those who need to know also:
Remove the projectors and try centering the bulbs, if that doesn't work, break out the leveler. Try to have a second person there to help. Have that person hold the projector in place until the leveler reads level. They hold, you mount, making sure the leveler remains level during the install. That'll work, being that these are not factory, you will need to supervise the install.
I looked around the headlight and there are no screws or adjustment knob I could find...[:(]

My passenger side HL is pointing high. This is the same HL that didn't fit as perfect as the driver side. Driver side beam is OK.
It may require me to wedge something near the rear of the HL to get it to point down...[confused]
The screw on the bottom of the HL was also hard to get on and may be if I remove it, it will help?[confused]?
I will have to experiment...........
I still like the HL and the deal I got.[thumb]
Jus wish they(KS) would of put beam projector direction adjusters on them.

If you have a garage, try parking the car at the entry of the garage pointing into the garage.
Make sure nothing is obstructing the HL beam from hitting the back wall.
This will allow U have the length of the garage to see the beam pointed toward the rear of the garage.
This can help you adjust your left and right beams so they are pointing in the same direction on the left and right side respectively.
On mine, the driver side HL is pointing exactly straight out and my passenger side is pointing slighly up, about .5 to 1 inch. This is noticible when I point the HL at a wall.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they fit fine now that wsa a problem with my installation i fixed they fit flush now. And later tonight i'll adjust the beams no biggy man.

·
Registered
511 Posts
SO they do fit flush? That's good to hear! See Solaris, I listened to you at first only to hear you say you were wrong! You are going to get me in trouble! So can I see a picture of them on your ride?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i'll take them at night so u can see the halos and then i'll pull them in the garage so i can see the fitting.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Solaris, what did U do to make your HL fit flush?

I adjusted my passenger side HL so the beam is straight but now the top part of the HL is not flush with my car like the driver side.
I left the top bolt off and when I put the top bolt on, the HL is flush but then my beam is pointing high...[scratch]
Removing the bottom bolt had no effect on the direction of the beam.
[confused]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st off i gave up on the bottom blots they where so ****ing hard no room underthere so before i lost my mind and smashed the lights with a hammer i set the bottom bolts aside till i can do it again. Well 1st off the passengerside fit flush anyway. To get my passenger one to fit i dremeled a little out of the top blt over near the edge of the hood by doing that it let the light sit down furthur making it flush.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Ya, it's like if I have it flush, the beam is too high.
If I don't have it flush, the beam is straight.
I'll see if I can adjust mine somehow to make it flush with the beam straight.

For the bolt on the bottom, if U can get a rachet between the bolt and bumper, use a rachet w/ 10mm socket.
Or use a 10mm box wrench and just be patient. Twist the bolt by hand to get it started then use the wrench.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are people flashing u when u drive by? my dad just looked at my lights and he said they aren't high at all. I'm just wondering if it's just since we aren't use to the projector. I mean dude the light is hella bright u know i'm just thinking the light distibution is so strong we just think it's as if our highbeams are on. When i roll up next to a wall in a flat suface the lights are level with the headlights so i'm thinking i'll leave mine.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Jus make sure that normal beams are the outer lights and the high-beams are the inner lights on the HL.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol i'm not an idiot man. yes the low beams are the outer and highs are the inner

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just a little FYI - the projectors beams will always be brighter than stock. Hope y'all are liking them tho' [;)]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Solaris said:
lol i'm not an idiot man. yes the low beams are the outer and highs are the inner
Dude, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass or anything..[:D] lol [:D]...I just wanted to make sure that U were getting the right beam to come on for the right mode...

I had some syvania blue/white bulbs in my stock HL's and the projectors are no brighter than those. So, maybe in my neighbor people are use to the lights to be a little brighter.
I think some of the BMW's or Mercedes have those high intensity white lights piss people off that my don't seem that bad...[^]

So, did you have to splice and cross the wires on the HL to get the normal and high-beam to work right ?

FYI-
I messed around with the HL last night and there is something preventing the passenger side HL from seating all the way down. I can flush the top with the hood but the bottom isn't touching the little bump on the bumper. It's off about 1 to 2 mm and not noticable when U look at the car from a few feet away but it's noticable if you compare the driver side with the passenger side up close.
I've taken the HL out and looked and can't see what is blocking it from seating flush on the bottom...[scratch]

I like the HL and the look on my car. The only issue is that the passenger side HL not seating all the way. Other than that, I like them & they work for me...[:)]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya those directions u did to get the normal lights to come on regular workes great thanks much. Ya like with these lights i feel like highbeams are on but i've yet to get flashed after 3 nights of driving so they don't bother people. And we all know people are quick to flash u or flick u off if u have ur highbeams on

·
Registered
523 Posts
What's that kind of goldish bolt near the top of the headlight for? It's a standard bolt with what looks like some kind of sproket attached. Is that the adjustment screw?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
EnigmaZV said:
What's that kind of goldish bolt near the top of the headlight for? It's a standard bolt with what looks like some kind of sproket attached. Is that the adjustment screw?
Do U have the K2 Projector Headlights or are U referring to your Stock head light that has this goldish bolt ?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have the k2s and i found the bolt now i just need to know like how do i know when they are leveled good? what i do is back into my garage shut the door (car not running) and shine the lights onto the back of the garage door but i don't know really when to top lowering them

·
Registered
511 Posts
I like your signature Solaris! That's mad tight!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i assume u mean the picture. Thanks bro didn't take to long photoshop has the stuff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts