Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something that I can do, or do I have to go to the dealership? I think mine are aimed just a little too low.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If they are anything like the projectors that were on my 99 cougar, its alot easier to take it in. I looked at my HID lights on my SVTF and it looks like they put some little tar-like strips over them, not sure what for but I didnt see the bubble level (like construction levels have on them) like my cogar had, least that way you could do it in the daylight and just line up the bubble in the middle for each of the adjustment screws (one for up/down one for left/right)
anyhow yeh take it to the dealer they should do it for free

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree on having the dealer do it. If they are out of spec and you talk real nice to the dealership, they'd probably do it under warranty. I'd be concerned about getting them aimed too high and pissing off all on-coming traffic.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rudejake said:
I'd be concerned about getting them aimed too high and pissing off all on-coming traffic.
You know, I thought about that. Here is my story. I was driving to a friends house, on a dark, back country road. I noticed that I couldn't see so well, like my headlights were aimed just a tad too low. My visibility on the road was very limited, which hindered my speed. I didn't feel comfortable going over 45 or so, because of visibility. I just think they are too low. I don't want them up in people's eyes or anything, but just a little higher. I would think that with the HID's, I wouldn't have to worry about visibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts