Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok to the first guy, there should be a lil nob on the top of the headlights exactly like the stock ones that you turn and either left or right to make the projector go up or down. and for the second guy if your blinkers are blinking really fast then either you hook them up wrong or they are burnt out. take them out and check them right in front of you or just buy new bulbs so u know they will not be burnt out. U could find the hood and right front fender from either ebay or your local junk yard or if you want good ones i know a website which is www.certifit.com where u can find anything for your car thats exterior. so chekc it out
This could also be because of a burnt out relay for the turn signal thats what was wrong with my dads BMW

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are very similar, I got these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLIM-6000K-HID-KIT-00-04-FORD-FOCUS-HALO-RIM-BLK-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMPS-/140724272710?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2001|Model:Focus&hash=item20c3d1fe46&vxp=mtr#ht_6410wt_1399

These are really good, I have had no problems yet... The only thing that i havent quite figured out is how to adjust them up/down but the customer service is excellent and they gave me a solution that i have not tried yet....

The only reason i got the ones i did, is because they came with an HID kit, if you are not into HID's or Simply don't want to spend the money, then I'm sure the ones you found will suffice.

Just to help you a little more, don't be too hasty to buy, prices do fluctuate and you can save quite a bit by just waiting for the best time to buy...
Also HID Projector headlights are slightly harder to install than Non-Hid Projectors, but are still quite simple so if you are a little techy and willing to play a bit with your focus's headlight wiring harness, they should be easy for you.

Finally if you are having any trouble hooking your Projectors up just reply to this post with any questions and I'll try to help you out.

Best of luck!!! [wave]

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are very similar, I got these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLIM-6000K-HID-KIT-00-04-FORD-FOCUS-HALO-RIM-BLK-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMPS-/140724272710?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2001|Model:Focus&hash=item20c3d1fe46&vxp=mtr#ht_6410wt_1399

These are really good, I have had no problems yet... The only thing that i havent quite figured out is how to adjust them up/down but the customer service is excellent and they gave me a solution that i have not tried yet....

The only reason i got the ones i did, is because they came with an HID kit, if you are not into HID's or Simply don't want to spend the money, then I'm sure the ones you found will suffice.

Just to help you a little more, don't be too hasty to buy, prices do fluctuate and you can save quite a bit by just waiting for the best time to buy...
Also HID Projector headlights are slightly harder to install than Non-Hid Projectors, but are still quite simple so if you are a little techy and willing to play a bit with your focus's headlight wiring harness, they should be easy for you.

Finally if you are having any trouble hooking your Projectors up just reply to this post with any questions and I'll try to help you out.

Best of luck!!! [wave]
Thank you so much man. I did go with the ones I posted and they are on their way through the mail. I would have taken your advice and waited for a price drop but I have been having issues with my lights and the passenger side light I have now is broken so I needed them asap. Ill let you know how the install process goes and if I need help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you so much man. I did go with the ones I posted and they are on their way through the mail. I would have taken your advice and waited for a price drop but I have been having issues with my lights and the passenger side light I have now is broken so I needed them asap. Ill let you know how the install process goes and if I need help.
No problem man, happy to help. For the most part the headlights should be plug and play I can't remember if you had any LEDs on yours but if you do that is usually the most technical part, but still pretty easy.
Good luck!!!!!
Xenon

·
Registered
195 Posts
No problem man, happy to help. For the most part the headlights should be plug and play I can't remember if you had any LEDs on yours but if you do that is usually the most technical part, but still pretty easy.
Good luck!!!!!
Xenon
any installed pics? i'm contemplating the ddm hid kit, as i have it on my expedition, and had it on my sable. projectors supposedly angle the light better, but i don't want the front of the car to look too ricey. i don't really care for halos, so can that be left unhooked, or do you know of a basic non-led/non-halo projector lamp? thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine are a bit different but the output does suck, pt some hid inn the fogs and called it a day. Haven't had anyone flash high beams at me once while ruining them

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8 Posts
any installed pics? i'm contemplating the ddm hid kit, as i have it on my expedition, and had it on my sable. projectors supposedly angle the light better, but i don't want the front of the car to look too ricey. i don't really care for halos, so can that be left unhooked, or do you know of a basic non-led/non-halo projector lamp? thanks.
I'll try to get some installed pix soon. I think they come out berry nice with HIDS but of course it's up tO you. And the halos can be left unhooked yes but if your headlights have a turnsignal don't forget to connect that. Other than that you should be good. The HIDS in my opinion don't look too ricey as long as you don't get any bluer than 6000 k. Let me know if you have further questions
Happy to help
Xenon425

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine are a bit different but the output does suck, pt some hid inn the fogs and called it a day. Haven't had anyone flash high beams at me once while ruining them

Sent from my Triumph using FF Mobile 2
How did you install HID bulbs into your fogs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving this thread light a mo-fo, but I don’t think the aiming the projector was answered. I got them to go up but not down, I used a 4mm ratchet but still cannot get them to move down! Anyone have ideas on how to get these things to go down? That little white plastic wheel with the screw on the end just doesn’t wanna work with me. The HID’s I have in here have so much lost potential because the beam is aiming in the trees instead of to the ground where it would make the most light. Thanks and sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts