Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these projector/halo headlights from ebay (i see a lot of people have them now) and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to adjust them more towards the ground so they aren't shining in other driver's eyes?

I would also like some input as to what the BEST bulbs would be for these lights.
Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also need to know... I have the bottom right light set as my turn signal, and I no longer have my upper grill amber's hooked up. But my turns are blinking really fast and my dash is telling me that my blinkers are burnt out. Can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Also, i hit a deer about a week ago (which is the reason for the new headlights) and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could look for a cheap OEM hood, and right front fender?

Thanks again guys

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Ok to the first guy, there should be a lil nob on the top of the headlights exactly like the stock ones that you turn and either left or right to make the projector go up or down. and for the second guy if your blinkers are blinking really fast then either you hook them up wrong or they are burnt out. take them out and check them right in front of you or just buy new bulbs so u know they will not be burnt out. U could find the hood and right front fender from either ebay or your local junk yard or if you want good ones i know a website which is www.certifit.com where u can find anything for your car thats exterior. so chekc it out

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Ok to the first guy, there should be a lil nob on the top of the headlights exactly like the stock ones that you turn and either left or right to make the projector go up or down. and for the second guy if your blinkers are blinking really fast then either you hook them up wrong or they are burnt out. take them out and check them right in front of you or just buy new bulbs so u know they will not be burnt out. U could find the hood and right front fender from either ebay or your local junk yard or if you want good ones i know a website which is www.certifit.com where u can find anything for your car thats exterior. so chekc it out
Wrong, do you even have these headlights?

Adjustment is 2 philips head screws below the projector bulb. One is for left/right, one is for up/down. If I remember correctly (I did it last night, actually), the one on the outside of the car, closest to the fender, is up/down, the other one (facing the engine) is left/right.. for both sides.

example:

Code:
 O
+ +
My headlights (the same ones you have) had that fast blinking problem, also. What I did was I swapped out the little bulb they put in and put a new bulb in. It was not blown but for some reason I guess it had a lower resistance so it acted like it was? I put in Silverstar blue/amber bulbs (3156 is the size, btw). That fixed the problem.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Shim it!!!!..JK! Thats what I did with My Halos.. But mine are different.. LOL...

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
wow excuse me for being wrong. I thought it was like that cause i had some projector headlights and that was they way it had on them so i figured it was the same way on all of them. my bad peeps no need to get mean :(

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I also need to know... I have the bottom right light set as my turn signal, and I no longer have my upper grill amber's hooked up. But my turns are blinking really fast and my dash is telling me that my blinkers are burnt out. Can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Also, i hit a deer about a week ago (which is the reason for the new headlights) and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could look for a cheap OEM hood, and right front fender?

Thanks again guys
I have a hood for sale PM me

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrong, do you even have these headlights?

Adjustment is 2 philips head screws below the projector bulb. One is for left/right, one is for up/down. If I remember correctly (I did it last night, actually), the one on the outside of the car, closest to the fender, is up/down, the other one (facing the engine) is left/right.. for both sides.

example:

Code:
 O
+ +
My headlights (the same ones you have) had that fast blinking problem, also. What I did was I swapped out the little bulb they put in and put a new bulb in. It was not blown but for some reason I guess it had a lower resistance so it acted like it was? I put in Silverstar blue/amber bulbs (3156 is the size, btw). That fixed the problem.
Ok, cool. Would I be able to get to the adjustments without removing the headlight from the car?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how is the quality of the headlights?
what kinda bulbs did they come with?
hows the light output?
whos the seller?
The quality is actually better than I expected.
Hi/Low bulbs are H1's, the turns are regular halogens idk the size.
They are REALLY bright with just the bulbs they came with..
The guy I bought from had a really bad rep and i didnt notice until after i had already paid.. I would look for someone with a good rep.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^Same here... They have an ajusting nob but it doesnt work

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Ok, cool. Would I be able to get to the adjustments without removing the headlight from the car?
For me (I have an 05, I don't know if it is different with an 00-04), the driver's side was easy, but the passenger's side was rough. I would recommend taking them out, sliding them forward so you have a little more room, and adjusting from there.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
wow excuse me for being wrong. I thought it was like that cause i had some projector headlights and that was they way it had on them so i figured it was the same way on all of them. my bad peeps no need to get mean :(
Why give advice if you haven't had experience with it? I'll be sure to come with you for Duratec advice since you have the Zetec engine. [thumb]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so this is what mine looks like:

Code:
 + _
O o
  -
The big O is the projector and the little o is the high beam.
The + = phillips, and the - = flat head.

It looks like the only adjustment I can make to the projected beam is up and down, and the high beam can be adjusted both left/right and up/down.

Any suggestions?

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Ok so this is what mine looks like:

Code:
 + _
O o
  -
The big O is the projector and the little o is the high beam.
The + = phillips, and the - = flat head.

It looks like the only adjustment I can make to the projected beam is up and down, and the high beam can be adjusted both left/right and up/down.

Any suggestions?
Keep looking. There are 3 screws (flathead) for the high beam, 2 (philips) for the low beam/projector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keep looking. There are 3 screws (flathead) for the high beam, 2 (philips) for the low beam/projector.
hey algorhythm could you tell me which flathead and philip screw does what....cuz i don't have a garage or anything to do it in and its making it very hard for me to adjust them

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I've only got one adjuster on mine. The whole housing moves with the screw. I ended up drilling through the edge of the lip for the rubber cap and putting long screws in. I turne the screws until the aim is right. It's a PITA but that's the only way mine would adjust.

·
Registered
122 Posts
you can go to canadian tire but if you live in the usa im not sure where you can pick this tool up but its a screw driver made for turning screws in really small spaces but if you can't get ahold of that you can allways use needle nose pliers cause there is no way you will turn that little wheel thing to adjust your headlights

1 - 20 of 35 Posts