Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two pics of the install of Dominic's sway links.

On the first photo: if you noticed a notch on the inner fender well, this is where my OEM end links would cause the "clunking" noise. After install, all gone.

The overall construction of the end links are very good. The hem joints seem like they're pretty good. Only thing i can think of is since they dont have boots on them, cleaning is a must when its dirty!

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
You might be able to use the boots from CFM. They might fit?

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
Yours are not clunking at all? Mine are making noise like a bitch and they are 2 months old. Mine are at the stiffest setting. I might go half way and see if it persists.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yours are not clunking at all? Mine are making noise like a bitch and they are 2 months old. Mine are at the stiffest setting. I might go half way and see if it persists.

since my car is "slammed" I have endlinks almost MAXED out. I have no clunking from these end links.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Question:
With the car on a level surface and the wheels pointed straight, if you reached in could you turn them left and right freely on the joint?

Mine jiggle around and make all sorts of noise. I have adjusted them up and down and all over the place. Are both sides at the same height?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question:
With the car on a level surface and the wheels pointed straight, if you reached in could you turn them left and right freely on the joint?

Mine jiggle around and make all sorts of noise. I have adjusted them up and down and all over the place. Are both sides at the same height?
I had to turn my wheels to get them adjusted. I counted threads to make sure they match then also used a measuring tape to make sure they were exactly the same height off the ground.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thou's look awesome! I'd for sure add some boot's thou. That's similar to toe-link's, so the toe-link boot's should fit. So now I have 6 heim joint's on my car, & you really should use boot's on them, even if you live in the dryest part of the country.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
hmm.. Is your first pic with the car on the ground?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had to turn my wheels to get them adjusted. I counted threads to make sure they match then also used a measuring tape to make sure they were exactly the same height off the ground.
Assuming your ride height is reasonably consistent, I'd park the car with 1/2 tank of gas and weight or someone my weight in the driver's seat and adjust the endlinks to be "loose", so there was no preload on the sway bar with me driving until I get hit with a crosswind or go into a corner. But that's me.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm.. Is your first pic with the car on the ground?
both were on the ground. The endlinks are almost maxed out but it still shows signs of a slight pre load with me in the car. I wish the threads were longer but it does its job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts