Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for checking this out. I have been contiplating which direction I wanted to go with my fofo and I think I finally decided I want to set it up to be able to handle the dirt fire roads and access roads, as well as handle the twisties on the ride up there. I have been doing allot of climbing outdoors lately and my fofo could handle most of the dirt roads that I have come across so far. I also want to have a nice ride when I am going on the long trips to CO and CA and such.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about an adjustable set that I can firm up when I need to, or add some mush when traveling on the freeways. I don't want to drop it because of the clearance. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Tires are just as important if not more important when you get on rough roads. Increased sidewall height is worth considering as well. Some 195/60-15 (or 205=55-16) would be better than tires with lower profiles. Lower profile tire tend to hop and skip especially on wash board roads. When I rallied, I always used a "70" aspect ratio. Higher aspect ratios may not afford as "crisp" handling as a lower profile one but in the long run they'll ride better too. If your suspension is stock,

I suggest replacing your shocks with some KYB GR2's. They're a cheaper quality stock ride height shock with good damping and rebound characteristics. Really firm shocks (and/or springs for that matter) do not hold rough roads well, especially at slower speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts