Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those folks that would like to have more than +- 1 degree of camber adjustment in the rear of your Focus (Cam Bolts). Massive Speed System is now selling adjustable rear upper control arms for the Focus.

They offer from -1.5 to +5 degrees of adjustment and they're a much stouter piece of hardware then the Ford units. Massive was running these on the thier Focus Shootout car this past weekend at Mid-Ohio.

I just picked up a set of these control arms and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I should have everything installed on the SVTF this weekend, so I'll let you all know what I think of them next week.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Yeah...
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT LINKS!!!

Edit:
Looks like I found em.
These ones, right?
See page 6...
http://www.specprod.com/MAIN_DIR/PassCar_06.pdf

Where'd you order them from? Price?
I've got the adjustable bolts, but they're awful weak looking...
That arm looks a lot stouter! [;)]

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
^^^

Yes, those are the control arms. They're made by Specialty Products Company (SPC). The same people that manufacture the adjustable camber bolts and plates for the Focus.

I paid $70 for each control arm. Massive's website is www.massivespeedsystem.com

Something you should know about Massive's website...they only place a fraction of the stuff they sell on the web. The best way to shop Massive is to give them a call and ask about the part you're interested in.

Their number is 815-675-1822. Ask for Karl.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
So, you get these on yet?
How are they working out?
Do they appear to be stronger than the stockers? (more material?)
And, did you get any better pics than they show on the website?

Inquiring minds want to know. [;)]

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by WD40
So, you get these on yet?

Yes, we put them on almost a month ago.

How are they working out?

We did have a small issue with the adjustment nut making contact with the larger AGX shock body when the car was in the air and the wheels were fully unloaded. When the car is on the ground, there is plenty of clearance. So far, they've been just fine. I autocrossed the car last week...no problems at all.

Do they appear to be stronger than the stockers? (more material?)

They are a much stouter piece than the stock control arms. (Plenty more material.)

And, did you get any better pics than they show on the website?

No, but I'm going to rotate the tires this weekend and I'll snap a few pics for ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts