Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Looks like the ignore feature works better than I thought. At first it showed his posts, but hid their content. But after starting back into the thread from the main page of recommended threads, now I don't see his posts at all. That's better.

If he helps other people, good for him. But I won't be among them. His obsessive hatred of this topic is out of touch with reality. I'm not spamming products, I don't sell anything. I posted links to real experience of real people. Smart shoppers want to know what's out there, and the results users experienced.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Well, I started using Techron once every oil service...then after a while two or three times. Before I knew it...I was unable to leave the house without adding a bottle. Then I had a few times where I added too much and blacked out. But lucky for me my wife got all my friends and family and our minister together and surprised me with a meeting one night about my Techron problem. I'm happy to say I have been Techron free for 187 days and I seem like I got my life back. My Boss at work is nicer to me now and my hands don't shake as much as the did when I first quit. I think if I can stay away from this stuff for another few months I'll have this Techron issue beat. Of course I'll never be able to go into an AAP or Autozone alone again...but that is a small price to pay for your happiness. You guys wouldn't happen to know where a guy could get a can of Gumout would you?

bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/any-disadvantages-to-overusing-techron.210698/

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
With all due respect.................sometimes I DO get out of hand but look at the responses here and anybody will see why. I am NOT like other here and I still realize my part in bad things, I don't have to blame devils like a child for making me do things I know that I personally did. I accept consequence for my own actions as it is hoiw one grows up to not WILLFULLY STAY stupid which is the CHOSEN way of life for so many nowadays. So there's that. I apologize for it. MY part alone of course.

I absolutely do NOT hate this topic, rather I HAVE THE EXPERIENCE to speak solidly on the subject and how to not waste your life (money IS part of your life, even more so at low payscales). I sold so much of these products I cannot keep up with it and made a lot of money in incentives doing it (the chains pay you more to LIE ABOUT PRODUCT, BTDT). I am NOT stupid and my logic back then was to pester the reps who came in about the products with the questions somebody SHOULD be asking instead of ones like here with no proof of any good result at ALL other than mouth. The reps after figuring out you can think unlike many would then quietly admit the products are what I say, for owner head more than car; they usually do NOTHING. Sometimes there WILL be good result but personal perception is 9/10ths there and most owners are wrong about that too. I also came up with multiple ways of talking to people to secretly figure out if the product was doing anything for real or not and often you can get to know some who although they will swear to any god the products work great, off to the side they will tell you that they didn't do anything at all and they felt silly and ripped off after using them. You of course must have befriended somebody pretty well to get to that point. People do not go around with 'I goofed up' written on their clothes and this kind of stuff can be the hardest to get truth on. It's the child's story the 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

If somebody wants to consider that lies and deviltry then so be it but that is NOT an intelligent response to what I offered. There is no rule saying people have to do any of this and one is free to do what they will, but to simply hear the one side that it all works! is FALSE and the devils that solidly go with that are in your back pocket.

If I obsess about anything it will be 'am I telling people the truth here?' and I go through a lot of personally induced pain over it. When somebody ridicules that they can expect me on their -ss almost instantly.

The word reality is severely misused above, most know me as one of the most reality based people you will ever encounter, they have been shown by me enough times what is important and what is false, and like here I will come out and say some of the things the chemicals do can be helpful but it is false to depend on them in lieu of working on the cars, the latter will get you far further than truckloads of chemicals. Most of you never pick up on the fact that most fuel and oils will already have the needed additives in them, when you add more you are simply throwing your money away, it's up to you. To go to this degree pushing additives and flushes is the true obsession here.

I know that because the Lord gave me a brain to think that devils are not anywhere except in your own mind, and he also set in place laws of physics that if you use to your benefit you can do wonderful things with no formal training in them at all. Why I tell of things like 50 years not paying for car repair, be smart and look past the 'me' which is NOTHING there and look at the 'it's possible' as it IS the experience one seems to be looking for whether or not he is gifted by God enough to pick up on it. It is NOT important to me that people think I am smart, I have me to talk to every day and the example of so many of you to compare with, who needs or wants your glory? It actually gets in the way when trying to convince people that any ordinary smuck can do this stuff. So many of you are bound and determined to turn everything into rocket science.

I HAVE myself done anything I ever talk about here onsite, I don't need to make it up. Including all the things where people say 'he couldn't possibly have done all that'. If you look at it like that it SUCKS to be you, you are self-limiting yourself and what we all do best.

I apologize to all for the length of this and I will try once again to tear myself away from bugging this young man so much but if one keeps spouting untruth as truth I will again be probably stepping in.

Keep your devils to yourself, they are YOURS, we don't want them. You make the best use of them anyway.

Most of this was written for the others who still look at things undecided with open minds, to that one who already trashes all of it as worthless fine, it is on your own head.

What was that last post?

Oh, I get it a trump joke, you know, one that's not funny.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I don't trust the claim that grit from a motor flush can destroy engine bearings. No, any grit comes from outside, via the oil filler neck. A mechanic with dirty hands or gloves. A grimy funnel laying around the shop, in who knows what. Happens all the time.

Mechanics spead fear to keep customers in the dark. They want to get paid. They want your car in the shop where they can make money working on it. Their interests are fundamentally opposed to customers who can DIY. Fixing your own car takes food off the mechanics table.

It's no wonder Scotty Kilmer says politicians and mechanics are the least trusted people in America. A sloppy mechanic will destroy your motor and blame it on chemicals. Maybe the kind he smokes or snorts. That would be true.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I treated other people's car better than I treated my own.
I'm not going to allow you to say mechanics are crap. I never did any work to someone's car that was unnecessary ever, and I purposely tried to do things to save them money.

You have zero experience except for what you read online, and you post those on here like they're fact.

I hate working on dirty junk cars I have no desire to work on a 20-year-old piece of junk. I prefer to do preventive maintenance on a car that is clean and in good shape.
So that would mean I have no desire to do anything that would make that 20-year-old car come back I never want to see it again.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Techron overdose harmful?

Thank you for the inquiry. There is no need to change your vehicle's oil after using the Techron Concentrate Plus (TCP). However, Chevron does recommend that you use no more than 5 treatments of the TCP per oil change. With the use of the TCP there is a concentration of the product in your gas tank which is at least 10 times higher than what is in the gasoline itself. This higher dosage might create the chance that some of the product will manage to get into the oil crankcase and react with certain oil additives therein or dilute the oil itself. This is the main reason for the limitation of use - customers would not want to "overdose" and cause an unsatisfactory amount of the product to be diluting the oil. The directions for use are such that any dilution that might occur would not be a problem. Again, It makes no difference if you add the Techron Concentrate before or after the oil change. Regards, Chevron Fuels Technical Services

So a small overdose won't hurt. A large overdose, say 2 or 3 times recommended, may be reason to change the oil early. After the Techron is gone from that tank, of course.

Same link as the humorous post earlier.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
According to an old post on BITOG, my 2.0L (16 valve) DOHC (3) Zetec needs oil filter FL2005. No longer available though. FRAM equivalent is PH8316. Has 265 burst PSI rating. PH3600 similar but only 200 burst PSI, recommended for the 2.0L (8 valve) SOHC (P) engine.

bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/fram-response-to-inquiry.24646/

Walmart still has FRAM PH8316 in stock. Time to buy some before they're all gone. The Internet baboons howl about FRAM, but that's what monkeys do.

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
'Good price but Walmart destroyed many small independent stores. Few people care but I do. When you sell your soul to the Devil he collects his due.'

You can guess who said that. Back on page 4 this thread.

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
'I don't trust the claim that grit from a motor flush can destroy engine bearings.'

Whatever, when you go wrong you go wildly wrong. You can scratch a plain type engine bearing with a fingernail. You've obviously never cleaned carbon off intake valves, it can be stronger than concrete. You can simply stick a finger into any under valve cover crud to then take the finger and rub it hard across a plain bearing and if you said there was no damage you would be Trumping.

And by extension, if you are right above you just made all that flushing work for nothing.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts