Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to run some aftermarket gauges. wheres the best/easiest spot in the firewall to go thru with the wires?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Manual or Auto?

·
Registered
658 Posts
There is a hole to the left of the brake pedal rod (the one that goes from brake pedal to master cylinder). It would be for the rod for the clutch pedal, but since it's an auto the spot is there. Track that down, and it will be the best spot to run the wires for the gauges.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What is the usual spot for manual cars?

·
Registered
577 Posts
What is the usual spot for manual cars?
I never found anywhere that was easily accessible when I was running power wire for my sound system. I ended up unbolting the fuse box and drilling a hole straight back through the firewall sort of in between the clutch and brake pedal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well that's annoying. So is there no big grommet through the firewall near the fuse box? If not where do all the wires between cab and engine go?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Well that's annoying. So is there no big grommet through the firewall near the fuse box? If not where do all the wires between cab and engine go?
there is a rubber grommet that comes out the driver door jam, you can then run the wire under the fender up to the fuse box or battery.

there should be tons of old threads on this in the stereo section of the focum
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

·
Registered
414 Posts
Good thinking, thanks for the tip :)

Guess I'm spoiled by my old car that had a convenient grommet just above and to the right of the steering shaft...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts