Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my summer wheels/tires off of the car after I blew out a sidewall on one of my tires and ground out the rim on one of the wheels just enough to prevent it from being balanced, and I just bought a replacement for it on Sunday at Summit Racing. I was going to take the car in on Monday to have my new tires mounted to the wheels, but I discovered that my dad had taken the wheels out of my '93 Ranger's bed to transport a grill for my brother's graduation party and left them sitting out in the front yard, and then some dipshit came and stole them sometime over the weekend.

So after a liberal amount of cursing and screaming, my parents called their insurance company and their homeowner's policy is going to cover the theft. Once Ford Racing gets the black EAP 17's back in stock I'll be buying three more of them (giving me four brand-new wheels without tires mounted.) I noticed with my old set that the paintwork is somewhat shoddy and scratches easily, so I'm thinking about having my girlfriend's dad (who restores salvage-title cars for resale and has the ability to paint entire cars) put an extra coat or two of clearcoat on them. Would this be worth the effort in protecting the wheels from paint damage? I'd pretty much just pay for the clearcoat and maybe throw in a couple bucks for his time, so it's not going to be overly expensive.

Thanks in advance [thumb]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts