Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at adding foglights to my mom's 2005 zx4. it has the cutouts in the lower facia, but they're blocked off.
i haven't had a chance to poke around under there, but i was wondering what all should i need? of course, the switches and lights, but what, as far as the mounting hardware will and won't be there? i'm probably gonna just yank it all off a car at the pull-a-part if i can find one.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you may actually find that the wiring harness is already there. from the fog plugs all the way to the switch connector.

you may just need the fog housing itself and the switch.

good luck[thumb]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope so, that's how my saturn is a lot of the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no such luck on the harnesses being there.

does anybody see a downside to putting them on a relay off of the parking lights? my mom doesn't want it to look to far from stock (resale value).

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I know my pair of 01's didn't come with fogs but the harness's were there ( One was just dangling the other are neatly sealed and wire tired to the loom).. all I needed to do was grab a relay, headlight switch with fog and fuse.. I power tested the plugs and there working properly..

I wouldn't tap another harness/relay to make them work as Fogs take alot of power

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll do some more poking around, but i didn't see any wires floating around nearby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts