Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I installed a manual shift boot and aftermarket auto shift knob. It looks great. I'll post a pic when it's light out again and i can take a picture. Next I'm trying to figure out something to do with the gauges too.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Ive seen a couple people do some subtle paiting on their dash that really made it pop.

Maybe do that, some decent looking pedals, and a good looking shiftknob should set you off good.

Im not a fan of footwell lighting because of the glare at night, but thats also an option.

Try to avoid gauges. Unless you are force inducted, putting extra gauges in your car is a colossal waste of money, and is generally classified as rice.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I painted some trim in my car and like how it looks, but I would suggest only doing it with exterior touch up paint for you car. It flows with the rest of the car better without screaming rice. Don't go overboard either, painting the interior has a fine line, but when done right, it look awesome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive seen a couple people do some subtle paiting on their dash that really made it pop.

Maybe do that, some decent looking pedals, and a good looking shiftknob should set you off good.

Im not a fan of footwell lighting because of the glare at night, but thats also an option.

Try to avoid gauges. Unless you are force inducted, putting extra gauges in your car is a colossal waste of money, and is generally classified as rice.
my car is an automatic, can i still get a aftermarket shift knob? because it has the button you press to allow it to shift.

·
Registered
81 Posts
my car is an automatic, can i still get a aftermarket shift knob? because it has the button you press to allow it to shift.
Yes... I have an aftermarket one with a button to push. The only problem is it elimates the o/d button which i'm planning on relocating to the center console sometime soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts

please excuse the messy floors... there's also a post on how to use a manual shift knob to work on the automatics around here somewhere

·
Registered
37 Posts

please excuse the messy floors... there's also a post on how to use a manual shift knob to work on the automatics around here somewhere
I have the same style shift knob that you have, I would probably install it without the boot, but I plan to wrap it in leather, did you just remove the O/D completely? or you relocated it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SVT steering wheel, Roush Pedal set, CFM dead pedal, Steeda Cig Lighter, Focus Center Billet AC Knobs, Faux Suede Boots

100_0422 by [email protected], on Flickr
regarding the pedals, was you throttle pedal one solid piece of plastic? and was your brake pedal just have a rubber face on a metal plate? mine are like that and i dont see how you could install new pedals to them? could try telling me how you did yours?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the same style shift knob that you have, I would probably install it without the boot, but I plan to wrap it in leather, did you just remove the O/D completely? or you relocated it?
I just removed it for now... i plan on putting it somewhere on the center console. I never really turned it off, so I haven't noticed it even being gone. Even though I don't ever use it, I still want it there. So eventually I will get to it

and also, I didn't like how it looked with out the boot. and the little orange indicator that showed which gear it was in was a little off. I'm sure you can cut down the shaft a little and mount the knob flush at the bottom and it might solve that problem. I was thinking about doing that untill I decided to go with the shift boot.

·
Registered
624 Posts
so far the interiors pictured are not too bad. Just don't go overboard and try to paint whatever parts you can take off, it starts to look real bad real fast

these are a couple of examples I have seen of interiors gone wrong. These pics are not of a focus, but they should give you an idea of what not to do [:p]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lol seeing that plaid interior makes me want to put my interior back in the car... haha. About the only thing i've done to mine is remove it. Oh and I have a Saleen shift knob.

·
Registered
16 Posts
regarding the pedals, was you throttle pedal one solid piece of plastic? and was your brake pedal just have a rubber face on a metal plate? mine are like that and i dont see how you could install new pedals to them? could try telling me how you did yours?
Yes the brake/clutch had the rubber covers and the gas pedal is solid plastic. Now how I did mine was these pedal covers were made for the Focus. The gas pedal is curved to match the gas, then you simply put in four sheet metal screws. The brake/clutch you take off the rubber, drill four holes in the metal plate and bolt the pedal cover to the plate. Again these are Roush pedal covers. Not made anymore, but were designed for the Focus.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts