Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now, I am trying to prepare for the snowboarding season as best as I can. Can't afford a new suspention, tires, and allot of stuff. But what I am thinking about is adding more lights to the ride. Here is a pic of what I have now.

What I want to do is add more lights. I was thinking about adding two more large fog lights to the bottom grill area (either mold into the grill or behind it) and two more smaller fog lights to the upper grill (behind). These wouldn't be used too often, just when making the night drive to the slopes. And only when there isn't any other traffic around. I want to light up the night.

Now my questions:

1. what are good lights to use?
2. am I going to have problems with draining the bettery or too much load on the alternator?
3. are they going to get too hot and melt the surrounding areas?
4. Has anyone done this to their car yet?

I know there are a couple of cars out there that have the lights mounted to the outside of the bumper, but that isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
362 Posts
You may get ticketed for to many lights if you are not careful. no more than 1 set of driving(fog) lights and 1 set of headlights is allowed on a vehicle. If a cop pulls ya over hoping to get a DWI they could give ya a dumb ticket like that if they really wanted too. At least in PA thats how it was. It got dropped but was still issued. over adiquite (spelling?) lighting was the charge.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you had a set on your focus?

I thought about that. They would have their own switches and only be used on the back roads at night on the way to the slopes. As it is right now, when I have my brights on I have a total of 6 lights beaming...it just gets really dark in the middle of nowhere at night.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
Just put the KC's on your rack like we talked about!
I dunno about the number of lights being a ticketable offense here in AZ, I see some rednecks running around with 4 on the roll bar, two on the brush gaurd, two after market fogs, plus the stock fogs and headlights.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
433 Posts
Does any one know where to get that light mount and the price. The thing looks cool on the website but has anyone got one installed cause I would love to see pics of this.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered the rally skid bar today. It comes with two light tabs. Shipped it was 217. Comes with the skid plate, light bar, and all hardware. Guy over the phone said that it matches right up with preexisting holes so should bolt right on.

Skikid... go to the link, and on the left hand side click on distributors. There is a list of authorized distributors and their phone numbers. I went with Renick Raceing because well...they were the first to call me back. They said it should be here next week, maybe Thursday.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Okay sweet thanks! You should defiantly post some picks when you get it on!!!!

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Oh and here is the email that I received from them.

Thank you for the email, we appreciate your interest in our products. I apologize for the delayed response to your email from Tuesday. I believe we do have Focus light bars in stock, they are $239.99 + shipping (to Virginia is $40). If you’d like to place an order, I can help you I’ll just need a few things from you:

1. Contact information including a phone number that we can reach you at

2. Shipping address

3. Method of payment (paypal add 4%)

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you.

Best Regards,

Chase Michaels

Rally Innovations

3325 E. Miraloma Ave. Suite 122

Anaheim, CA 92806

1 - 20 of 40 Posts