Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes! It's been a while since I've been around these parts and I've come back bearing more stupid questions!

Here's the thing, I've been slowly acquiring parts needed to add fogs to my S model '06 ZX4 but I'm having a hard time finding the wiring harness and also the light switch on the dash that has fogs included with it. I'm so so so terrible at wiring and electrical work so I'm not comfortable in making my own harness out of fear that I will catch something on fire or blow something up. I've also been thinking about ways to switch up the front end.

I've never been a fan of the amber colored bulbs in the headlights and was thinking of moving the turn signals to behind the grill and just adding another headlight bulb where the turn signal bulb was. Once again, this would require some serious wiring that frankly, I'm just not cut out for. I can see if some local dudes would want to help me out but not before I come up with a solid plan.

Here's the most recent plan I have: Instead of just adding fogs and moving the turn signals could I maybe turn the fog light housing into the signals? I mean the amber bulbs in the headlight already work as running lights so hypothetically if I had those wired to the fogs they would always be on (so long as I had the headlights on) but start to flash when I used my signal. Obviously I'd keep either the amber lights or just go with a yellow/gold/orange/whatever color film over the bulb housing.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, or if you guys had any suggestions on how I could do this.

Once again, I'm basically retarded when it comes to wiring so the simpler the better! Hahahahah Hopefully this made even the slightest bit of sense.

Cheers!

·
Registered
611 Posts
If your car has the factory wiring for the fog lights (like mine did) then you only need to get the fog lights, bezels, and fog light headlight switch.

However if your car is not prewired for fog lights then follow the instructions given in this previous thread detailing how to install fog lights onto a 2005-07 Focus w/o prewired fog lights Fog Light Installation Question specifically post 37 but the rest of the thread has great information in it as well, so be sure to read it all. Mine (and other instructions) with Gudziel doing the work on his car.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Have you checked out any aftermarket headlite housings, like Anzo's or eagle eyes, ect.?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
You could hit up "thenorm" i believe it is. The one with the wide body focus, he has integrated the turns into his fog lights. They do look pretty good. I know another member has done this as well I just can't recall the name.

Its a pretty unique idea, and looks cleaner as well. Thought about doing it then went HID instead.

Best of Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts