Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to add fog lights to my car because it did not come with factory ones. I have already gone to the junkyard and picked up a headlight switch with the fog light switch in it. And I also grabbed the wiring harness cause I thought there would be more wiring than mine, but mine has the same amount, so I am assuming they used a universal harness. (like the svt amp/sub plug in the back of all hatchbacks) But my problem is that I can't find the plugs for them. Does anyone know where these might be tied up or hidden?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
a lot of our cars came witht the wiring alraedy there but just no fogs installed. You check to see if you have your fog light harness already there? maybe taped away?

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking, but I can't find them. I guess I need to follow the wiring on a car that has them and then do the same on mine.

·
Illest.... <3
3,572 Posts
I didnt have any on mine. I got the ford fog light kit at a steal of 100.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not looking for the lights, I am looking for the plugs on my car.

·
Registered
537 Posts
check your wiring again down where the fogs go, i bet you just didn't see them the 1st time... that's what i thought too, all i have to do is get the switch and the fog assemblies and they just plug right in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
check your wiring again down where the fogs go, i bet you just didn't see them the 1st time... that's what i thought too, all i have to do is get the switch and the fog assemblies and they just plug right in.
Did you get this to work? I bought the Ford kit and thought I could take a shortcut and not install all the wiring, since my car had the foglight plugs from the factory. Installed the new switch, plugged in the fogs, and nothing [rant]

Here is a picture of my car's harness (the car did not come with fogs, but had this harness behind the grille).

·
Registered
537 Posts
no, i haven't got the fogs yet lol... so i haven't tried it yet. did you look to see if there is a fuse that needs to be put in the fuse box. i would think that if you didn't have fogs there wouldn't be a fuse and may be a relay also needs to be popped in. since there's a harness there you just need to figure out what ford didn't put in...

does anyone know where the fog light fuse is? it may help to compare the fuse boxes...

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
if u go to the how to section and look at the foglight mod section then it will show the fuse under the hood

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do, thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
... did you look to see if there is a fuse that needs to be put in the fuse box. i would think that if you didn't have fogs there wouldn't be a fuse and may be a relay also needs to be popped in. since there's a harness there you just need to figure out what ford didn't put in...

does anyone know where the fog light fuse is? it may help to compare the fuse boxes...
I will look and report back tomorrow, thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
good luck guys.

-that's weird, two guys the same problem at the same time. i got confused at first, it was like dejavo. that's rough on someone with a sorted past. i thought i was having a flashback, lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To quickly reply..
I only had one factory relay in spot #11. #'s 12,13,14 were empty. I also see one spot open for a fuse.

I won't be able to work on the car for a few days, but it looks as though it's going in the right direction.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I seen that too. I just ordered some fog lights from ebay, we'll see how it goes after I get them in.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a set of used ones, cause none of the others came with bulbs or any of the mounting hardware. As much as I would rather have new, I need to be able to install it too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You will need to put in the relay and the fuse then all should work.
I did this very mod last year on my zx3.

Good luck
Rich

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will need to put in the relay and the fuse then all should work.
I did this very mod last year on my zx3.

Good luck
Rich
Do you know the part # for the relay, or maybe the specs? Is it one relay or two? The ones included in my kit were just a regular Bosch 20/30A with 5 prongs, and they won't fit in the factory fuse/relay panel.

Also, where is the fuse location?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK. Fog lamp fuse is #44 inside the car.

The relay is #R13 under the hood. I used the a/c relay (location = R12) for now, since I never use a/c anyway..

*edit* Woohoo it worked!

Thanks to this site for the help ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts