Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you guys had tips for adding color accents to my interior on my zx3. What is the best way to add the color? Would it be to paint certain parts individually, although that would be more time consuming? Or is there somewhere that you can buy pre-painted pieces to add to the car?

The exterior is yellow so I was thinking of doing yellow accents but I don't know quite yet. Would the yellow look good among a black and grey interior.

Thanks.

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i thought would be best. just wanted to see what others would say.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You can also get color vinyl film that can be heated and is extremely malleable and won't permanently color your pieces.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
IMO i wouldnt do the yellow accents inside.. but yeh its fairly easy to take all the pieces out and spray paint em.. make sure you get paint that is appropiate for the vents.. given that heat and cold come out..

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
My car is white, and it has silver leather seats, and mostly silver/gray interior trim. I too wanted some color inside the car. So I painted the vent bezels, added a red/black steering wheel cover, and installed a set of red/black seat covers from Advance Auto. I think the seat covers made the biggest difference.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would suggest sanding, I lightly sanded mine and they came out great, I have some buddies who just popped them out, painted, and stuck them back in and the bubbled and peeled. Better to spend a little extra time in the beginning.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
You can also get color vinyl film that can be heated and is extremely malleable and won't permanently color your pieces.
how much do the vinyls usually run..( i get bored with things easy and like to change colors around )

·
Registered
518 Posts
bluefront, how did you remove the A/C vent surrounds?

My interior is completely black and I'm thinking about adding some silver accents. I'm thinking about doing the interior door handles, the A/C vent surrounds, radio surround, and plastic piece that holds the window switches.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^^^Removing the vent bezels......not too hard. Do it on a hot day in the sun, because the plastic chips are softer and won't break as easily (they just bend). Th center and passenger side just snap in.....you use a thin wide blade like a puddy knife, and pry on an edge (I started at the top]. Careful not to mark up the dash. Put a piece of plastic against the dash to lever on.

The driver bezel is held on with one screw....you loosen some panels around it to get to the screw from the outside. Not too bad.

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IMO i wouldnt do the yellow accents inside.. but yeh its fairly easy to take all the pieces out and spray paint em.. make sure you get paint that is appropiate for the vents.. given that heat and cold come out..

is there a certain brand to look for that you would recommend for the vents? what color would be good to do for the interior of a yellow ZX3?

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

is there a certain brand to look for that you would recommend for the vents? what color would be good to do for the interior of a yellow ZX3?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just got done doing mine! didnt sand at all and it came out great! last thing to do is clear coat ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
do u remove the circular thing that everyone paints or just mask off everything else......my pull now think later self cracked on of them yesterday. i can get them out of the car i just don't know how u get them apart once out. or is this just another case of me making something way harder than it needs to be?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts