Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those not using the lockpick, navtv, where did you ground the negative wire in the Hatchback. I am thinking of using one of the unused 5A fuse (F1) in the luggage compartment. But unsure of where to ground the negative wire. On the 18 ft RCA yellow video cord was that long enough to reach the Radio console?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I installed a backup cam on my old 12se and tapped power for the display into the hatchback fuse panel from the sunroof fuse (I didn't have a sunroof but there was a fuse). I wired the backup camera for power and ground to the wiper motor so it would always be powered on. The trigger wire for the mirror display to switch on ran to the backup light. I was able to tuck all the cables behind the C pillar in the driver's side Hatch area. I used a master tailgater replacement rear view mirror with manual flipper for night adjustment and built in LCD display. I ran the cables above the headliner by popping out the dome lights and using a fish tape to get wires to the back of the car. There was just enough in the harness that came with thr rear view mirror to reach the rear fuse panel area.

Amazon and eBay sell a replacement Hatch handle with built in camera so it all looked stock and worked nicely. I found if I didn't wire BOTH the camera and display to be powered on with ignition, it took a second for them to engage when I put car in reverse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed a backup cam on my old 12se and tapped power for the display into the hatchback fuse panel from the sunroof fuse (I didn't have a sunroof but there was a fuse). I wired the backup camera for power and ground to the wiper motor so it would always be powered on. The trigger wire for the mirror display to switch on ran to the backup light. I was able to tuck all the cables behind the C pillar in the driver's side Hatch area. I used a master tailgater replacement rear view mirror with manual flipper for night adjustment and built in LCD display. I ran the cables above the headliner by popping out the dome lights and using a fish tape to get wires to the back of the car. There was just enough in the harness that came with thr rear view mirror to reach the rear fuse panel area.

Amazon and eBay sell a replacement Hatch handle with built in camera so it all looked stock and worked nicely. I found if I didn't wire BOTH the camera and display to be powered on with ignition, it took a second for them to engage when I put car in reverse.
Thanks Coolzzy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Coolzzy
Question for fanatics, if your head unit is aftermarket and camera ready is it necessary to still hook up the trigger wire on the rca cable at the head unit? I have a problem now that the rear camera was working for 1 day showed rear with guidelines (no trigger wire) in reverse, and now I get a no signal from camera it is a greenyi E914 using with a Jensen VX7021.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Question for fanatics, if your head unit is aftermarket and camera ready is it necessary to still hook up the trigger wire on the rca cable at the head unit? I have a problem now that the rear camera was working for 1 day showed rear with guidelines (no trigger wire) in reverse, and now I get a no signal from camera it is a greenyi E914 using with a Jensen VX7021.
I have given up on rear view camera as I have wasted too much time trying to get it to work. So back to simple things in life. I just hate I couldn't get it to work :(
So now to reinstall the back trim and the wonderful clips. Why can't those clips be cheaper...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
I have given up on rear view camera as I have wasted too much time trying to get it to work. So back to simple things in life. I just hate I couldn't get it to work :(
So now to reinstall the back trim and the wonderful clips. Why can't those clips be cheaper...
Kinda of similar to me giving up on hid's.....KISS

181 - 186 of 186 Posts