Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, is there a way to change the part where the usb is under the center console and replace it with one with a usb port and an aux port? the one from the f150 looks a lot like the one i have in my car, i tried searching online but i only fond one with 2 usb ports.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My 15 has both a USB and an aux input in the center console plus a USB in front of the shifter. I have the 4" radio screen, so I would imagine it's just a different harness cable needed....

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it is based on what entertainment system options your car is equipped with. My 2012 SEL has the USB and AUX cable port. It is optioned with My Ford and Sync package. I think the next level FordTouch up gets you the USB, AUX and Line in/Line out. I'm pretty new to this though as I just picked up the car last weekend. I've never owned a Ford either.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like a number of variations. My '13 (w/Sync) has a USB and a Line In in the center console.
Sorry, I might have used the wrong term. AUX and Line in are interchangeable but come to think of it, I believe the port within the console is labeled Line in as you state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i didn't specify,i have a 2016 with sync 3 and the "upgraded" Sony audio,i wanted the aux so at least i have a decent quality audio source.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you have sync 3 (touchscreen) there will be an aux jack for sure either in the center console or in front of the shifter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2018 Titanium w/sync 3, 8" screen, & Sony audio has an Aux power port and USB in the console, and a USB in front of the shifter. USB is the way to get audio in now, RCA type inputs are history on OEM systems. It's not audio file grade but in a moving vehicle you'll never hear the lower grade signal, especially considering the capabilities of 12v power, making it loud does not make it quality.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have seen some older foci with RCA aux audio inputs, older models tho, with the higher end audio system. The head unit must have RCA input built in, just adding the ports to the console will not get 'er done. I think this was only on Sync 1 & 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts