Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering if it would be possible to add a second alternator to my 2000 Ford Focus LX? Anyone with information regarding please respond. It will be very appreciated.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
why?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason being I would to keep the stock alternator and stock battery to run the vehicles electrical system and add a second alternator (not necessarily a HO alt) and battery (I have an Optima D34/78) to run the stereo and lighting. This way there is no strain on the vehicles electrical system and no strain on the stereo. That way everything works the way it should. No loss in vehicle performance and no loss in stereo performance. Plus the cost of most of these HO alternators is ridiculous, it's more cost effective to do it this way, if possible.

·
Registered
891 Posts
It would be much easier to get a HO alternator than get a bracket made to work under the hood and then finding a belt that works and wiring it all together. Trust me it just easier to get a HO.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
problem with this is a second alternator would take a good bit of power away from the car performance wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts