Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, I'm no expert when it comes to car audio.

I have a Zapco I-600. You can see it here http://www.zapco.com/I-Force.html

It is a couple years old so the one on that site is probably updated, but similar I would assume. Looks the same.

Anyway, would I benefit from hooking it up to my Sony system? Maybe to power the sub alone & let the stock amp power the speakers? Or vice versa? Any thoughts from you audio guys would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
First i would ask what are you looking for from the system that you do not have now?
Greater clarity?
More SPLs?
More low frequency?

Or you do not know?

If you want greater clarity then buy new actual speakers. Plenty of great speakers out there.
You would need to spend at least a few hundred on speakers to really make a diference.

Just adding an amp may or may not allow the system to play louder without sounding like crap. You would be 'finding out' i guess.. unles someone here has done so.

Adding another amp and playing it at the same volumes is probably not going to do much if it sounds decent (IE not overloading)

So.. what are you looking for?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought a dedicated amp to power the sub would provide a lot better/more power to the sub while allowing the stock amp to provide better/more power to the speakers/whatever else it powers. As far as the speakers, mine sound great and can get quite loud while maintaining quality - no distortion. I wouldn't mind getting more power to the sub and if the extra power going to the speakers improves performance, then that's cool too.

I'm not looking at buying any other parts right now, but I have this amp laying around so am just wondering if I can put it to good use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts