Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im adding a hi flo cat to my exhaust system. would my mpg go down cuz of it? Im only adding it because im heading to germany and im trying to be more eco friendly and to turn down the volume a bit.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh.....what does??

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
A cat should not change your fuel economy

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have pretty good foot control.... I have a resonator already. I'll do some measurements to see if i can fit another. If that dont work i will change out the flowmaster muffler.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You won't be able to fit another but you get a bigger one, depending on what you hav already. Magnaflow makes a bigger one than the one in the link I gave you. CFM has it.

·
Supercharged
3,276 Posts
You guys who say the cat doesn't quiet the exhaust, I suggest you install an ORP and then respond back.

An ORP is ridiculously loud inside and outside of the cabin compared to having a cat installed.

Both of my neighbors have either a gutted or test pipe (ORP) installed on their vehicles and are definitely louder. :( Hillbillies...

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
don't waste your money on it
it won't effect your emmissions enough to matter, no cat will
a good exhaust is much more effective then a cat

·
Registered
384 Posts
WOW this is the first time ive seen people argue against adding a cat!

Add a good highflow cat for a few reasons.
1, enviroment will love you
2, it WILL quite the exhaust down
3, it will NOT hurt your mpg, 1-2hp decrease at most
4, less hassel when getting inspection done.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everybody for their input. Im expecting the hp decrease ive made peace with that already.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
WOW this is the first time ive seen people argue against adding a cat!

Add a good highflow cat for a few reasons.
1, enviroment will love you
2, it WILL quite the exhaust down
3, it will NOT hurt your mpg, 1-2hp decrease at most
4, less hassel when getting inspection done.
I have to disagree with you on that.

I put a magnaflow HFC on my magnaflow exhaust. It opened it up alot more, much louder, and added horsepower. MPG for me havent got worse, maybe even got better. Im still gettin around 430 miles every tank (mostly highway)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have to disagree with you on that.

I put a magnaflow HFC on my magnaflow exhaust. It opened it up alot more, much louder, and added horsepower. MPG for me havent got worse, maybe even got better. Im still gettin around 430 miles every tank (mostly highway)
Were talking about adding a cat to a system that does not have one. That will not open the exhaust up anymore.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
screw the environment do you think a cat makes that big of a difference

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Europeans would say differently. The the only reason its important to me I want to kick some german butt with my focus and ride thru the swiss alps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts