Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey, I already have my headliner out and forgot to measure for a light while in there. There is an indentation in that general area, did you just place your light in there? It looks like they have 2 indentations for the front euro visor lights too. If you recall, let me know, I really don't want to put it back in, it's a bear to get out of the sedans.

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow, such much good info especially on the bulbs, thanks! As for the placement of the dome light, I installed it with the headliner in place.

Not so worried about map lights being led as I would love the domes to be led or smd. I have all smd in my Excursion. All 7 lights light up with the key fob at night and people just stare!!! They are amazing.

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There are 8 domelights like the one I used on eBay and 6 on eBay with no trim ring. Prices are from 15-50.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yeah, I thought about using that same light you did, but then I found a station wagon rear light so I just went with that. My extra front will be for sale, if I can ever remember where I out the thing.

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The hardest part was cutting off the tab from the trim ring. I scored it with a razor blade then snapped it off and sanded the rest smooth. Looks stock to me and matches the front.

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cool, forgot about those guys. I have the Vleds in my Superduty for the front turn signals in the clear assembly. Jeeesh, I have had those things for years!! Thats when led's started to become popular in chrome/clear lighting housings. I will check them out, thanks!

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The a pillar on the driver side, take out the front dome and look at the 3 color coded wires going to the dome light, take off the a-pillar cover and splice into those.

Did you not read my first post? Its a front dome light from a sedan.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,207 Posts
Since the thread is older I'll throw up a pic for even more reference. I did mine six months after I bought the car, the poor lighting was unacceptable to me.
The "would be" OEM wagon light that Ford never put in, before the LED bulb...

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks good, that is why I love FF, yes this is an older mod, but the older threads and posts were easily researched here. I actually have better luck searching google for a topic and look for posts that were made on FF. This sites search feature blows, only negative about it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts