Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i decided to add a cone filter and remove my rectangle shaped air filter and the airbox aswell, now i installed an APC Intimdator cone filter, i have no idea how good this filter is, my car does sound nicer though, but i left the stock tubing in, does that need to be replaced aswell, i read somewhere on the site it acts the same as an aftermarket tube, all though the car does sound nicer, it seems to speed up a bit slower, not alot, but just a tad bit to make it noticible, any ideas why?, well thanks in advance, im pretty sure ill get some help with all these FOCUS FANATICS here

·
Registered
571 Posts
well it only acts as a short ram air. that type of intake only adds like 2-3 hp at wheel. you SHOULD feel a little more tourq but not much. If you want power then ya gotta get a cold air intake

·
Registered
79 Posts
You car is going slower because you most likely lost power. The open filter is now sucking in hot air decreasing performance or causing it to run sluggish.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i had the same thing done last summer.. way too hot in texas for a short ram intake... get the cai and u'll be happy! i am...

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
im having that prob now that its summer in florida, and i got the cool flo with the heatshield to prevent that............

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
the short ram works alright but in the end you will feel more noticeable gains with the cold air intake.....................short ram is good though increases power and torque...............not as much as th CAI but it gives you gains.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Hearing the open filter sounds is always fun the first time [:D]

Have you tried disconnecting your computer and resetting your computer? I did the same thing as you and havent had any problems with heat or a loss of performance.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, my volant even worked better after I disconnected my battery and reconnected it. (when I put on udp) But your stock tube you mounted it to will collapse when having larger amounts of air forced through it, this letting less air in. Thats why aftermarket tubes are steel or hard plastic. To prevent this caving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts