Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
05 Zx3

Sup ff!

Names Mark from Vegas. Got one 05 ZX3 black bone stock except exhaust and head unit. Might of seen it around wit steelies. Didnt know there were people on the island that are FF.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I live on Oahu in Salt Lake. My new years resolution is to fix up my Focus. I just bought a SVT air box assembly. What are the good places near me to do a dyno? How much do they usually cost? I want to dyno my car before I add anything to it, especially when I add the SVT air box assy. Also I bought a SVT MAS and housing so I will need to get a tune, don't I need to get a dyno tune or just a regular tune?

·
Registered
909 Posts
[welcome] You gonna get a dyno before you add an intake? Personally, I'd say save your dyno money until you add some big HP add-ons (turbo). I have practically every bolt on mod for my car, and although the butt-dyno tells me the car feels faster, a real dyno pull would probably say otherwise. I even did the 1/4 mile @ Hawaii Raceway Park before and after I installed intake/exhaust, and my times were negligible. I spent close to $1000 on bolt on mods:

$450 Magnaflow Cat-Back
$150 Custom 2.25" Flex Pipe
$175 AEM CAI
$114 Focus Central 60MM Throttle Body
$135 50% UDP (sold last summer)

Even after all that money, and so called "performance" adders, my car is still slow as sh!t. After installing the exhaust, all I got was a nice sounding Focus. Take a lesson from me...don't waste your money on bolt on mods [headbang]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah but do you feel a difference even by the seat of your pants? I'm sure after all the mods you've done you gotta feel a HP difference. What you should do is add an intake manifold to work as a team with the exhaust, intake and throttle body you added. Is your mass air flow sensor's housing diameter wider than stock? Did you get a tune after all your upgrades? It's not about certain mods you add but how your whole engine works as a team.

My dad used to drag race and he couldn't stress that point to other racers enough. They used to buy expensive parts and have the best vehicles but they couldn't figure out how his cheap ass vehicle with cheap mods could beat them. It's all about how you upgrade your engine evenly. If you have 1 bad (cheap or un-upgraded) horse of a team of six and the other 5 horses (race horses) take up the slack it will slow up the whole team. Hell, the bad horse may as well be a donkey. I've also heard from a lot of people on this site that an exhaust manifold is one of the best upgrades you can do to a focus.

With the mods you have I suspect you need to buy a few more things and you will be king of the streets=) But what do I know? I didn't learn too much because my dad was always out to sea. I'm just learning about engines now but feel this is my calling. My di** gets hard everytime I work on a engine, I guess like father like son.

I'm still wondering about dyno's in Oahu and how much they cost, anybody know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Feels good cause Most of my cousins belong to their own groups and I never really seen any groups for thr focus, I mostly see Honda, 240, Evo/STI guys

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yea yea, We should start one Focus Club here on Oahu
We already have a club, called Ford Focus Club of Hawaii (FFCH.com). Sadly the original website and forum got deleted so we all split up to FF or FJ. There were like four or five active members at our last G2G (three showed up last year, four back in '07) lol. From what I understand, I believe there were 30 members at one point (I hope Random_Select comes here and corrects me if i'm wrong)

We are quite a minority here in Hawaii. I see a lot of modded Foci here, but none seem aware of the club. We had business cards to put on potential future member's cars, but I haven't had any success yet. I spoke with a young guy driving a nice red sedan with nice rims and exhaust, only to find out his DAD modified the car LMAO

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Yeah... dont get me started on the superferry. I was all for it.

But my brother has an apartment in Honolulu, so the thought of me moving there and going school and working has crossed my mind a couple times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We already have a club, called Ford Focus Club of Hawaii (FFCH.com). Sadly the original website and forum got deleted so we all split up to FF or FJ. There were like four or five active members at our last G2G (three showed up last year, four back in '07) lol. From what I understand, I believe there were 30 members at one point (I hope Random_Select comes here and corrects me if i'm wrong)

We are quite a minority here in Hawaii. I see a lot of modded Foci here, but none seem aware of the club. We had business cards to put on potential future member's cars, but I haven't had any success yet. I spoke with a young guy driving a nice red sedan with nice rims and exhaust, only to find out his DAD modified the car LMAO
Wow I was never aware of such a club. I knew there were guys that actually modded their focus, but I rarely see them. Just once in a while on Kam. Hwy. or at pearls. I usually see the 240, S2K, EVO and STI guys grouped up everywhere.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah we (FJ) had almost 30 members strong back then. We threw probably the biggest Focus cruise to date here in Hawaii when one of FJ's sponsors came down from the east coast for a vacation. We went around the entire island with various stops and did a BBQ too.

We had weekly and nightly cruises too but I didn't participate in most of them mainly because I prefer G2G's than cruises. They also did some street racing which well...is a no no for FJ members (and the fact we had a police officer in our club too lol).

21 - 40 of 43 Posts