Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Even better, shut of TPMS and turn on DDS which is the European system for monitoring tires The Deflation Detection System (DDS) takes a baseline of your tires (set in the Driver Information Display) and monitors change in rotation. If one tire is out of sorts then it alerts you. It's also as setting within the BCM which is off by default for North American cars.

If you have auto down windows (all 4, not just drivers) you can enable Global Windows to control the windows using your FOB. You can enable the European setting for fog lamps that allow you to run fog lamps and high beams (bambi mode). If manual transmission you can enable hill assist.
Some interesting ideas. In regards to Hill Assist, which I already have in the standard "automatic"... I have read that enabling Sport Mode disables the Hill Assist button. Can it be re-enabled with Sport Mode? Or does that mess something up since that button on a true sport mode shifter would be the +/- button for shifting gears??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Even better, shut of TPMS and turn on DDS which is the European system for monitoring tires The Deflation Detection System (DDS) takes a baseline of your tires (set in the Driver Information Display) and monitors change in rotation. If one tire is out of sorts then it alerts you. It's also as setting within the BCM which is off by default for North American cars.

If you have auto down windows (all 4, not just drivers) you can enable Global Windows to control the windows using your FOB. You can enable the European setting for fog lamps that allow you to run fog lamps and high beams (bambi mode). If manual transmission you can enable hill assist.
I don't think the DDS is something you can enable with the US based MK3. I think I saw that option but couldn't use it. Or it wasn't there. Either way I don't want a light going off so I turned TPMS off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Some interesting ideas. In regards to Hill Assist, which I already have in the standard "automatic"... I have read that enabling Sport Mode disables the Hill Assist button. Can it be re-enabled with Sport Mode? Or does that mess something up since that button on a true sport mode shifter would be the +/- button for shifting gears??
I'm not sure about the Hill Assist with Sport Mode. My 2012 SEL is manual transmission so I've never had to seek that information out.

I don't think the DDS is something you can enable with the US based MK3. I think I saw that option but couldn't use it. Or it wasn't there. Either way I don't want a light going off so I turned TPMS off.

I enabled it on my NA 2012 SEL and the setup option does display on my driver information centre. It took the baseline but I have yet to see it go into alert. I should probably test it by deflating one of the tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK... followed your instructions and all was going well until I went to do the BDYcm... FORscan kept telling me I need an extended license to perform this action... what the heck? Anyone else come across this? Is it due to me being in the United States and the car is setup differently than the EU versions??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok..so I bought the 3 year license for $20 US. A licensed version of FORscan is required to get into engineering mode it seems. Retried Sport mode and it was a success. It sucks that it won't tell me what gear I am in when using Sport mode. Apparently the gear # only shows if you have the shift button or steering wheel paddles and use them to shift the gears yourself.

I plan to go through it all again, but this time record it via OBS studio, and then post the video on YouTube. Will add a link when it is ready.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok..so I bought the 3 year license for $20 US. A licensed version of FORscan is required to get into engineering mode it seems. Retried Sport mode and it was a success. It sucks that it won't tell me what gear I am in when using Sport mode. Apparently the gear # only shows if you have the shift button or steering wheel paddles and use them to shift the gears yourself.

I plan to go through it all again, but this time record it via OBS studio, and then post the video on YouTube. Will add a link when it is ready.
Yeah it would be nice if it displayed the gear in sport automatic. Sadly sport manual is the only way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah it would be nice if it displayed the gear in sport automatic. Sadly sport manual is the only way.

Yes, yes it would. I just wanted to say thanks for your advice and assistance with this little project. I have only done a short drive in it so far, so really looking forward to getting out on a longer drive and letting everything warm up, as that is when the stuttering seemed to happen the most, and especially in traffic when it is warmed up. Now to convince the wife that is worth it to spend the money on the paddle shifter steering wheel... :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes, yes it would. I just wanted to say thanks for your advice and assistance with this little project. I have only done a short drive in it so far, so really looking forward to getting out on a longer drive and letting everything warm up, as that is when the stuttering seemed to happen the most, and especially in traffic when it is warmed up. Now to convince the wife that is worth it to spend the money on the paddle shifter steering wheel... :)
Not a problem. Let us know how it does! I never was fortunate enough to see how my car would react to sport mode when I had shudder going on. May have to shift it yourself to avoid it but maybe not. In my opinion all DCT equipped Ford vehicles should have sport mode. Some see it as a gimmick but I see it as something necessary seeing as how the programming in stock D mode does atrocious things to the clutch packs. It's a huge advantage to be able to shift the car at a higher point in the rev range. Not sure how far you can go without it auto shifting as mine is custom tuned at the moment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK... here is the link to my YouTube video. The audio sucks. I sound like crud in general when recorded, but, I also forgot that the webcam I was using for the dashboard portion has a built-in microphone. So it not only recorded audio, but, so did the mic on my laptop. That's what happens when working with limited time. Any who... here it is...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can I just assume that if a steering wheel is leather it will work with the heated setting in my car? Or is there specific wiring in a car with a heated steering wheel. I haven’t taken mine apart, but mine is the exact same leather.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can I just assume that if a steering wheel is leather it will work with the heated setting in my car? Or is there specific wiring in a car with a heated steering wheel. I haven’t taken mine apart, but mine is the exact same leather.
I wouldn't assume that the steering wheel has heating elements just because it has leather. You'd have to confirm that the donor vehicle was equipped with a heated leather steering wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay and sorry another question for you. Are there any step by step videos? Im afraid of damaging things, ive only replaced a radio and that's pretty self explanatory. Is there a specific wire harness I should be looking for that a heated steering wheel will have? I ordered one off ebay but they only showed the wheel attached to the dash

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not a problem. Let us know how it does! I never was fortunate enough to see how my car would react to sport mode when I had shudder going on. May have to shift it yourself to avoid it but maybe not. In my opinion all DCT equipped Ford vehicles should have sport mode. Some see it as a gimmick but I see it as something necessary seeing as how the programming in stock D mode does atrocious things to the clutch packs. It's a huge advantage to be able to shift the car at a higher point in the rev range. Not sure how far you can go without it auto shifting as mine is custom tuned at the moment.

So it's been a couple of weeks now and I have used both S mode and D at different times. S seems better in heavy stop and go traffic, except for 1st gear take off seems jumpy, I need to really get on it so as not to have that happen, but then all other shifts are smooth. D seems way better than it was originally for regular everyday driving. Does enabling S mode also change shift points for regular D mode?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts