Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add power door locks to my focus lx it has power nothing and was wondering if any one has done this upgrade i have only had the car a about two months so i am just starting to play with it

·
Registered
793 Posts
Im interested too, Ive kinda been wanting to do this on my ZX3, anyone know how hard or how much money it would cost? can you use OE parts off a powered model?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was wondering the same thing i see universal kits on ebay for about 39 bucks but do they really work .?Or should i just go to a junk yard and pull the door lock and wiring harness of a trashed focus?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have been there and sounds good but all sites say door plungers . the focus is more of a lever action and that is what has me freaked out about if it will work and how hard it would be

·
Registered
123 Posts
Start visiting the U Pull it yards. You should be able to find everything you need right there. Might take a bit to pull the hardware and wiring but it will save you LOTS of money and give you a heads up on what your gonna need to do to your car. And if the interior matches grab that too. Often times a U Pull it yard chages by the armload or how much you can carry on your back out of there. The one locally here charges 50 dollers for what ever you can haul out with you on your back. What is fun is watching poeple trying to move entire motors and clips by themselves. I have seen some pretty neat carrying apperatuses.

Besides that. The better thing about it. Is its all factory parts. If your car is still under warrenty its all covered.

·
Registered
892 Posts
autodan on ebay is selling a salvage full power window/lock setup off a SE. Ive bought from him several times, good seller.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i don't know how off topic this is, but i'll give it a shot. has anybody checked out the new corvettes? aside from being super sweet rides, they've got a cool little feature. the door remote doesn't have any buttons...when you walk up to your car (with the remote) it automatically unlocks the doors; likewise, when you walk away, it automatically locks the door.

well, i'm sure you can guess what i want to do to my focus. it's already got the power door locks. how hard is it to add remote entry system, not unlike that of the corvette's?

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
can't say that sounds very safe. What if you've got kids inside or something and you walk away for a moment and the doors lock? Sure you can walk bac but I'm sure that system has to somehow have a disasvantage. The old 30 second lock ion the Focus is annoying enough. Great idea, just gets annoying when you don't want it to!!! Like when you wash your car for example.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it wouldn't be to hard to do all the wiring and installation on the car doing it yourself. it would requre hooking up fusses to 12 vlt power, becuase there fusses slots are there just not hooked up to the power. but all you need is a new door pannel and the wiring and a little know how. its quite simple i've been looking into it for about 1/2 a year now. really if i can just get the parts from my junk yard its what im going to do. just no trashed foci around my area. ill add power windows along with it also though.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yea, power locks are wonderful. Especially windows. I like my power locks windows, And sunroof. LOL. And i also like my keyless entry to my doors and my hatch. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the problem everyone keeps telling me it the focus has a cable locking system and not a rod . i have been looking around and think i can hook the actuator to the lock housing it self.Instead of splicing in to the plastic housing on the cable . will let you know if it works when i get them

·
Registered
201 Posts
ive got a doorlock kit and a viper alarm sitting in my room, putting them in tomorrow, then in a week or so adding the remote start kit :)

its not hard to do jsut takes some know how

1 - 16 of 16 Posts