Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Add-ons anyone... Updated with Spoiler and Wheels !!

Bought these items from Partscheap.com today. Making it my own...[headbang]

7L2Z-14A626-BA-F12 2012 Ford Focus Keyless Entry Keypad

BM5Z-16A550-A 2012 Ford Focus Splash Guards, Molded, Rear Pair, For 5-Door, No Logo

BM5Z-16A550-C 2012 Ford Focus Splash Guards, Molded, Front Pair, For 4/5-Door, No Logo

CM5Z-17B807-AA 2012 Ford Focus Bumper Protector, Rear

BM5Z-5844210-AA 2012 Ford Focus Roof Air Spoiler, 5-Door, Primed

CV6Z-5413300-CB 2012 Ford Focus Premium Carpeted Floor Mats - Front - White/Black

I also wanted the carpeted cargo area protector, but they didn't list one for the Hatch w/subwoofer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Why get a keypad when you have Intelligent Access?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At my age, I tend to be a little forgetful... so in case I leave my fobs in the house or on my desk at work, I can still get into the car. I installed one on my Mustang for the same reason and it's come in handy many-many times.

I installed the Mustang pad under the rear bumper and it works beautifully. I wouldn't install it on the door or anything. It's just too ugly.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The add on spoiler extends a little farther back and covers more of the rear window. My add ons:
50% tint all around (Max tint MN law allows) [:(]
12" of hood covered with clear film
Splash guards
Cargo protector
Husky floor mats
Engine cover (on order)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Please post pictures upon being finished please!

I would definitely like to see the mud flaps installed to see if they take away some of the aesthetics.

I was also thinking about those square/rectangular cargo organizers.

Have you got any or does anyone else?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[QUOTE I was also thinking about those square/rectangular cargo organizers. Have you got any or does anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I don't have any of the organizers as of yet.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not sure on the spolier. Definitely post pictures when you get it painted and installed. I'd like to see some different angles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interested in seeing the spoiler also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
7L2Z-14A626-BA-F12 2012 Ford Focus Keyless Entry Keypad
This is one of the big perks I was looking forward to when switching to a Ford. I tried to get it installed as a dealer option but it wasn't possible to set up the order that way because of the Intelligent Access they said. I wanted it so I don't need to carry a key with me if I drive somewhere to run/workout.

Wouldn't it be possible to turn of IA so the key could be left in the car?

Are you planning on installing the keypad yourself?

Car is still 2 weeks out but looking forward to this possibility

EDIT: Read the description and that answered my installation question (I had no idea it was wireless, cool stuff)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is one of the big perks I was looking forward to when switching to a Ford. I tried to get it installed as a dealer option but it wasn't possible to set up the order that way because of the Intelligent Access they said. I wanted it so I don't need to carry a key with me if I drive somewhere to run/workout.

EDIT: Read the description and that answered my installation question (I had no idea it was wireless, cool stuff)
IT uses 3M mounting tape to install. You can pretty much put it anywhere on the vehicle you would like. The range is like 10-12', so it'll work behind the gas cover, under the spoiler, under the bumper, etc. It's butt ugly, so unless you want something that really sticks out like a sore thumb, hide it under or behind something. It works exactly like the unlock button on the keyfob. Just sends a wireless signal to unlock the doors. On my Mustang you can unlock the drivers door, passenger door, and the trunk with the proper codes.[thumb]

·
Registered
7 Posts
IT uses 3M mounting tape to install. You can pretty much put it anywhere on the vehicle you would like. The range is like 10-12', so it'll work behind the gas cover, under the spoiler, under the bumper, etc. It's butt ugly, so unless you want something that really sticks out like a sore thumb, hide it under or behind something. It works exactly like the unlock button on the keyfob. Just sends a wireless signal to unlock the doors. On my Mustang you can unlock the drivers door, passenger door, and the trunk with the proper codes.
Now that's good stuff! I had given up on having this feature and now I find out I can get it AND it is way better than I thought (wireless w/ options). Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
163 Posts
IT uses 3M mounting tape to install. You can pretty much put it anywhere on the vehicle you would like. The range is like 10-12', so it'll work behind the gas cover, under the spoiler, under the bumper, etc.
Now I'm interested. I have an SE on order.

I don't see any dimensions listed at partsheap or fordaccessories, but it looks quite small.

Now I would have to figure out where to mount it.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Can you post the dimensions when you get it? Great idea for installing it somewhere hidden. Didn't know you could do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Add-ons anyone

I just ordered from PARTSCHEAP.COM, the front and rear splash guards for the hatchback.
Part #
BM5Z-16A550-A 2012 Ford Focus Splash Guards, Molded, Rear Pair, For 5-Door, No Logo
BM5Z-16A550-C 2012 Ford Focus Splash Guards, Molded, Front Pair, For 4/5-Door, No Logo

My dealer said they would install them for me, no charge.

I would really love to have the larger, Roof Air Spoiler.
[drummer]

·
Registered
882 Posts

With the IA system this won't work at all. If the key is *anywhere* inside of the car (including the trunk/hatch, glove compartment, etc...) all of the doors can be unlocked, the hatch can be opened, and the engine can be started. There's no way to leave one of the IA fobs in the car without someone being able to just get in and drive away.

Becomes a real pain in the neck when you drop your car off somewhere to get something done and you work until 6pm or later. There's no way for them to leave the key in the car for you to pick it up.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts