Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at buying a used Focus, and one of the ones I'm eyeing has an interesting option configuration. It's a pretty well optioned SE (leather, sport rims, sync), except that it doesn't have handsfree bluetooth phone (at least the controls aren't on the steering wheel). I was wondering if there was a way to add the factory, oem bluetooth system so the car. I had googled the subject and the only discussion on this board that came up said that it was difficult if not impossible to add if the car didn't have sync. however, since this one has sync, I was wondering if that would make a difference. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved this to the car audio section where you can find more information.

NOT an easy/cheap thing to do AFAIK from reading prev. posts on this.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
368 Posts
I cannot find any indication anywhere on line that SYNC does not have Bluetooth built in. If you post a pic of your steering wheel and radio maybe I can help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot find any indication anywhere on line that SYNC does not have Bluetooth built in. If you post a pic of your steering wheel and radio maybe I can help you out.
I just figured it out. you are right, they do have it. Apparently they reconfigured the buttons on 2014 steering wheels. on 2012-2013, the phone buttons were a mirror image to the cruise control buttons on either side of the steering wheel. on 2014, the phone buttons have been integrated with the button pad on the right spoke of the steering wheel, leaving a gap on the right side opposite the cruise control buttons. In for sale pictures where you can't see whats on the buttons, it looks like the car doesn't have bluetooth hands free phone. Thanks for helping find that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ford made a SYNC add on kit for 2009 MY vehicles. You can add it to other years as well but the dealer support starts and ends with 2009.

All other years up to about 2010 for the most part can add whats called mobile ease. Mobile ease can be installed on a lot of other model years than what is listed. I have it on a 2003 Ford Ranger and 2005 Ford 500 with no modification to the harness or kit.

Mobile Ease - http://accessories.ford.com/mobile-ease-hands-free-system-advanced.html

SYNC add on kit - http://accessories.ford.com/sync-accessory-kit.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts