Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this Roush turbo kit for my SVT because it was for sale locally and I decided I didn't want to pass up the local opportunity. However, I really don't want to go turbo. I want to do a supercharger kit, but nobody seems interested in buying the turbo kit so I guess I'm just gonna send it and see what happens. I took it to a local Roush dealer to have it inspected and they said it looks A1, and pointed out that there is zero shaft play, so that's awesome. Next step was I took it to a professional welder to have the crack welded up on the waste gate pipe that the Roush dealer pointed out to me. So now there's nothing left but to slap it on. BUT, this kit is really intended for the Zetec cars not the SVTs, so I know there are things that won't work. So my question is, does the manifold still work properly like I think it does? And what do I need to acquire to make the kit work. I know the ECU that came with the kit won't work because its for the Zetec, so what do I use? Stock ECU with custom tune? And then who do I have Tube it?

and if anyone is interested in buying this kit or trading it for a supercharger, let me know.

Attachments

·
FF Affiliate
30,612 Posts
The Zetec and SVT is surprisingly close to parts bolting on , you will have to do a little modding to get the down pipe to work but a simple things for a Exh shop

Your biggest thing is the pipe from the IC to the TB , you will have to get this made , part of your pipe will work part wont

Run the SVT ECU and I can Custom Remote Tune it for you

You also need a 180 deg thermostat , Motorcraft SP463 plugs gaped at .040 to start

You will need to went a bung into the oil pan , its comes off easy

You can get oil psi feed from behind the coil

Turbo will FAR out perform a SC hands down any day

Let me know if I can help , No one has tuned more boosted SVT or more of the South County Turbo Kit / Turbonetics Turbo Kit / Rousch Turbo kit , thats who all has owned or had there name on that kit over the years

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've settled on the fact that I am not going to go turbo. As silly as everyone likes to tell me it is, I want a supercharger. I've got plenty of turbos in my life and it's time for a supercharger. Plus I have a thing for supercharged 4 cylinders.

Let me know if anyone wants to buy this turbo kit or if anyone has a Jackson kit for sale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've settled on the fact that I am not going to go turbo. As silly as everyone likes to tell me it is, I want a supercharger. I've got plenty of turbos in my life and it's time for a supercharger. Plus I have a thing for supercharged 4 cylinders.

Let me know if anyone wants to buy this turbo kit or if anyone has a Jackson kit for sale.

Price?

·
FF Affiliate
30,612 Posts

You will be so sick you didnt go Turbo once you go SC especially the JRSC its the lowest performance out of the JRSC , PWerks , Vortech , Procharger SC out there

I have a Customer selling a PWerks SC for a SVT , he had it taken off to go Turbo and now he is happy 310 whp

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is he asking for the PW supercharger?

Like I said, plenty of people have told me not to do it and I don't care. Also, 310 is more than enough for this car but I also know that I am never going to make a HP number on this car that is impressive compared to my other cars, so that's not what I'm after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts