Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the Active Park Assist feature in daily driving and found it very reliable and convenient [clap]. It does an awesome job in parking, where it leaves only 2-3 inches away from the curb. Currently my car is running the OEM 18" inch five spoke wheels.

However I have plans to get bigger wheels in future and am afraid if I get wider wheels with lower offset, the Active Park Assist would be very close to curbing the wheels.

Is there any way to program the Active Park Assist function so that it could park a little further from the curb?

·
Registered
781 Posts
AFAIK the PA measures your distance from the curb by the sonar sensors and has nothing to do with the tires. This way it can take into account different heights of curbs, debris, etc. It would be foolish of Ford to program it based on the size of any tire since they are often replaced.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, no it can't be programmed as far as I know, but preventing the wheels from being kerbed is really your responsibilty but unless your wheels project out beyond the bodywork I can't see how they would hit the kerb. The other thing to take into account with larger wheels is that, with the 18" ones, the steering is already fitted with a limiter, thus making for a large turning circle.
Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there any way to program the Active Park Assist function so that it could park a little further from the curb?
When I was demonstrating it to my neighbors in front of my house, I actually ended up getting extremely close to the curb, and the car was still telling me to reverse. My best advice is just watch the mirror until you are a comfortable distance off the curb then just shift to drive and it will straighten out for you. Reprogramming the APA I imagine would be more hassle then just using your mirrors. [^] I love the parking package so far tho, even if I don't parallel park all the time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts