Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one's used one?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, what are the differences in 4 puck and 6 puck clutches? They have these available and since I'll be getting one or the other, I need to know what advantages/disadvantages each has.

thx!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
We have used these on Hondas that we have built and can say that they are very good clutch setups. My personal B16 honda has a act stageIII in it and has been there for almost 4 years. I do suggest these as an option, they hold up very well.ACT and Spec are the clutches that we use.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, works for me. Which one do you suggest getting, street, 4puck or 6puck? Also, if you want to see the prices I'm getting, pm me. They *might* have these for SVT.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
A "4 puck" is a clutch disc that has four "ears" with friction material on them and likewise on the 6, just two more ears. These are a good thing for racing but for the street, make sure you get a "sprung" disc for easier engagement. If the center of the clutch disc is solid (you wont see any springs) the engagment of the clutch will be very fast, like an on/off switch, where the spring type will come on much smoother.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right right. I don't see any springs on the 4/6 puck clutches, so I am kind of leary of getting one of those. Guess I'll go with the street one.

Thanks!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Its ok if you dont mind the very quick "snap" of the clutch. It will be kind of like either on or off. They arent very forgiving without the sprung center.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I'm worried about. Won't be able to slip the clutch at the track or on steep hills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts