Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was saddened today with my first Focus accident when I was hit by a 1987 Mazda 323 in Worcester. Put two big holes in my front bumper and pushed my front right fender in. He hit my car so hard that he blew out his tire and went down the road about 500 more feet. It seemed like he kept on wanting to go but he realized that he couldn't with a blown out tire!!! Have to fill out an accident report tomorrow. Theres a picture posted with it. Please respond to future accidents and attach photos. PEACE!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the first thing my friend said. Anybody have any suggestions on body kits???

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Depends on what ur wanting the Cervini's is popular and good looking but is kinda ricy I have an SVT and the SVT bumper is really cool

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dude that SUCKS! [:(] I agree, you should look into an aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
go an europen bumper...

you will not regret that !

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
did the air bag deploy?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
haha my friend with an rsx-s has had his car in two accidents. one with me driving and one with him. and both times all he could talk about it what aftermarket parts he was going to get to replace the broken parts haha.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I hate to see accidents. I know how much my car means to me and I would freak out! I slid off the road and broke the plastic under the front bumber and I thought I was going to cry. I would think your airbag should have deployed due to where you got hit.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If he got hit at an angle they shouldn't go.. Did the airbags get you? Hope not! Any way, sounds like you"re okay! Go ahead and use the money for a bumper of your choice.

·
Registered
597 Posts
kaminari bumpers are nice...check the new roush focus bumper too!
otherwise, your best bet would be an SVT bumper.
sorry for your accident!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Filled out the claim today. Hopefully they say its not my fault. Everything is cool. Not hurt just startled. The reason why I have a focus now is because I got slammed from behind in my chevy S-10 on Route 9 in Shrewsbury. Still goin through the lawyer stuff with that. I tell ya one thing...its a lot scarier when you see it comin!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah viney266 is right if it was head on then my airbag would have deployed. Thank God!!! I dont know what it is but I am so afraid of those things!!!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It is because you are smart. We don't see any airbags in race cars...tells you how well they work!! I don't like em either.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Airbags KILL YOU!!!! I got in a accident like 2 winters ago, in my first car, a old civic. I was with 2 of my friends going down a windy dirt road, not knowing the road froze over cuz it looked like dirt still. Was about to go around this corner, the corner was sharp and went downwards. well i was starting to go around it and my ass swung out, and I'm like oh shit nope cuz I had saw headlights, so I got it straight and tried to turn again, nope didn't wanna turn, and I was going 40 too and tried pumping my break, dunno y i though that would work. I looked ahead saw a ditch then trees.. had my seat belt on, grabbed the wheels with both hands, slide the seat back though and just went straigh cuz there was nothing I could do then BOOM right into a tree. Yea my chest hit the steering wheel, thought it was a dream after. But I'd rather have a seat belt then an airbag. having something pop outta the steering wheel at a high speed and hitting ur face and breaking ur nose or knocking u out. NOPE NOT FUN.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you think guys? I was at a stop in front of a truck that stopped for me. Obviously all traffic was going right with two lanes of traffic. I was going to take a left until the person wacked my car. He didn't hit my left side strangely enough, the damage is on the right. Looking at the pic at the original thread, what do you think about who would be at fault? I wasn't moving.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I definetly think he would be at fault. I'm in Worcester alot, those people drive like assholes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for stickin up for me. So far it seems like my own insurance company is not on my side but I guess it is still under investigation. The dude seriously kept on goin until he figured out that his tire blew.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts