Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my exhaust on yesterday and what a head turner it is! I was driving to school and I saw this Jetta coming out of a housing track. I didn't think much of it because my girlfriend has a Jetta and it's the slow ass base model. Well he pulls up to me and I just take off like normal and shift at 3k. Then I see that he gunned it and I was like hell no so I gunned it to. I think I probably should have down shifted back to 1st to give me that extra pull but I didn't. He was pulling in front of me and I was like "Wtf why is he beating me?" Then after I slowed down because a van was in front of me I saw that it said a VR6. Then I was actually happy with myself that I only lost by about 3/4 car length. I slowed down and he passed me up but then I made the same turn that he did and he thought that I wanted to race again so he pulled over waiting for me, but I just drove by and headed off to my girlfriends house to pick her up. Not bad though for the mods I only have though right? By the way, are those turbocharged V6's? They have like 180hp right?

·
Registered
68 Posts
How old was the vr6, if it was an older one i think they had 174hp, The new ones have 200 hp, no they are not turbocharged.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I thought they were turbo also.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah vw has a couple dif engines. the 1.8t makes 180. first gen 1.8ts made 150. my passat made 180 and i used to beat mildly modded vr6s with just exhaust

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
the R32 is 250hp non turbo :) o yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.