Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put some pictures up, theyre in my gallery,
my insurance co. got the cost from the other drivers as well as my deductible but it wont be repaired until late april[mad]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
whoa, that looks pretty gnarely.

where's the tid bits of information and details? Was it from an ignorant driver, self inflicted? No bodily injuries?

sorry im just a curious guy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i posted that info. in another thread and i absent mindly just posted this. A hammer fell on me at work last weekend and im still a little out of it from the concussion, been a bad coupla weeks. That was from march 18 on my way to work a car full of people pulled out to take a left when i was about 20ft away and doing 45mph. Rather than t-bone them i swerved and crashed through the front of their car. They were on a stop sign at an intersection that t-ed into the road i was on. I had no traffic signal to obey.

The other driver got the ticket for failure to yield whiel turning left. One of the passenges in the other vehicle sustained some kind of injury from not wearing a seatbelt, i dont really care what it was. After i got out and we were standing around 2 of the passengers felt it necessary to talk shit to me despite it being theyre fault. but meh. damage estimate was about 9500

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Holy crap, the damage estimate was $9,500? I'm surprised your insurance didn't total the car. With a 2002 model you are skating a fine line between still getting it repaired and it being totalled, you came in just under the car's value!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
From the pics it looks like it's totaled to me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea trust me that was a see-saw battle that i really wanted to go towards total but by some fluke they valued the car higher than any of us probably would have thought, 12xxx. Theres some serious damage all right side body panels, front axle,front suspension.

I'm going to be damn sure that its fixed to my satisfaction and probably because the other companies paying for it but my insurance agent said he feels the same way and was very clear that if anything could "even loosely be connected" to the accident it would be fixed. If it all gets done correctly i will have a lot of things brand new and it could be great. Chances are its gonna be a big headache but i couldnt get them to total it so i gotta sort it out this way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If that happend to my SVT I would loose my mind, id probibaly beat the person after they hit me. I love my car to much

·
Registered
607 Posts
Grandma said:
If that happend to my SVT I would loose my mind, id probibaly beat the person after they hit me. I love my car to much
I agree with you on that one.........I park my svt away from any idjits and yet they still manage to be asses out there. let alone on the road

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
wow man that looks bad.. glad ur ok thought, but its still a real crappy deal for a really nice ride.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DrkKnight614 said:
jerbo what kinda "shit" did they say.....im just curious of their stupidity
The driver was 57 and he had 2 male passengers and 1 female passenger, the female was injured. The other two were calling me a puckass motherfu.. and all manner of other obscenities. They tried to accuse me of speeding etc. Independent witnesses verified the truth but the cops did have nice words about "he could have been going 100mph you have to look left and yield before making a turn" i was just glad that no one got hurt and i was really amazed that i managed to swerve so well and avoid t-boning these people. Even if they werent appreciative we were all lucky to be standing there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts