Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from school when the lights went dimmed, battery light came on, oil temperature gauge was in the red, loss power steering. Was within a mile or two away from home so I decided to drive it home.

Popped open the hood, noticed the belt off the assembly drive. Coolant reservoir very hot, opened up the oil cap, smoke coming out *not a lot*.

I have tons of ice on the valve cover. Could I have done any damage? Car was probably driven a little over 5 minutes after the belt came off.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah you very well could have being the temp gauge was in the red

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I think I have good news. I turned the car on just now after letting it sit with hood up for an hour. The car turned on just fine, idled okay but without the supercharger turning, oil temp gauge is now sitting in the middle.

Car turnovers just fine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned over the car again for a few seconds. No problems it seems. I don't hear any loud noises or anything. Idle is adjusting where it needs to be, a little bit off due to no supercharger running. I keep checking underneath, no oil drips or anything. I'm still going to have my local dealership inspect it though.

Update in the next hour.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just another small update: car turned over just fine, no leaks, no CELS, idles fine, no smoke anywhere. I think the engine is fine considering the fact I never had any engine trouble before.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, for those who care(d), I got my car back today. I had the accessory tensioner replaced along with a new timing belt and a few other parts. Car runs great. No problems. Back in business.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats fantastic news!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts