Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so how does one get a true accessory mode with push button start?

You can push the button without pushing on the brake pedal but that seems to power everything. I just want radio.

You can then push the button again (vehicle not started or started) and then the lights on the dash are off and only the radio is powered. But, then the system auto powers off after 10 min or if one of the front doors are opened.

Any way of getting the system into an accessory mode like you can do with the keyed models?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, just switch the radio on without touching the start button, the radio should then stay on for about 2 hours. At least that's how my mondeo works with push start...
Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same with my SEL, just push the power button on the stereo and there you go!

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Another kinda dumb question. How do I cycle through my presets which I have on the MFT? What about changing sources from FM to say Sirius or iPhone? I take it the MFT is off during this time?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, can't answer that question from experience, however I'd assume that the screen is powered up as well.
Chris

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks. Another kinda dumb question. How do I cycle through my presets which I have on the MFT? What about changing sources from FM to say Sirius or iPhone? I take it the MFT is off during this time?
I'm not entirely sure but maybe you can press the "M" (mode) button on the steering wheel?

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, checked this out. Getting into the car without touching the push button start, I pressed the power for the radio. The radio came on as did MFT. All the lights for the various switches and dials also became backlit. Nothing else was on. Closing and opening the doors didn't turn off the radio.

Sync was not active but I could control the radio through the MFT or steering wheel control. This seems to be the setting I was looking for. Thanks for the help [:)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great! Good to hear!
My 2017 Focus ST does not stay on when pushing the radio power button. During a drive-in movie tonight it shut off 4 times when turned on with the power button and the car was off. I will have to try pressing the start button with my foot off the break and clutch to see if that works. Was very unhappy with my radio turning off during my movie. Not a real fan of push button anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts