Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you planning on going back to your dealer to have this addressed again? Please let me know; I'll look into additional resources.

Meagan
I might, however, it seems to not be a fixable problem so I'm not sure it would help. If it's a design flaw, what can be done?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I might, however, it seems to not be a fixable problem so I'm not sure it would help. If it's a design flaw, what can be done?
Since I'm not a technician, I don't have information on repairs, but your dealer will be able to check on this. Once you have an appointment set up, please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still running well although, as I mentioned, mpg seems to have been greatly reduced to about 24 per gallon. What were the other resources you mentioned might be available?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Still running well although, as I mentioned, mpg seems to have been greatly reduced to about 24 per gallon. What were the other resources you mentioned might be available?
Should your original (or any other) concern pop up, I can check on additional assistance, but it varies by situation. For now, I recommend continuing to let your Focus relearn post repair. First step (if the concern comes back) is to talk to your dealer, and then message me with the info requested before. I'll be able to see how I can best assist then.

Meagan

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will, thanks. I am very concerned that the mpg just keeps getting worse and worse since they adjusted the computer to fix the shutter problem. I'll contact the dealer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I will, thanks. I am very concerned that the mpg just keeps getting worse and worse since they adjusted the computer to fix the shutter problem. I'll contact the dealer.
I've somewhat noticed that too. But it's also hard to say because my wife goes a much shorter distance to work these days than last year... Tbh, I'd give up some mileage for smooth driving.

I realize we shouldn't have to at all, but just my thought on it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know. I've considered that. It's just a shame- I was so in love with this car when I first got it and before I found out about its chronic problem.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
There are many things that contribute to lower mpg, including cold weather (and use of AC/heat), and break-in/relearning periods. Check out this link for more info.

Keep me in the loop with what your dealer says. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi pjhogan,

I'd like to get your regional Customer Service Manager involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime contact number; I'll get the ball rolling!

Thanks,
Crystal
i bought my ford focus about six months ago and at 16,000 miles i am having the same problem... can you tell me if there is a recall on this mater??? i have researched and found this is a common problem...

·
Registered
1 Posts
brand new Ford Focus jerking constantly

I have a 2024 Ford Focus and I'm having the same issues.
It jerks like I own a stick shift when I accelerate or am in stop and go traffic, it's horrible and makes me feel like I got sold a car that doesn't feel new and smooth. I am very frustrated as well and was told "nothing was wrong" when I brought it in to ford.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Here's a thread with some basic information on how it works/how to get the best responses:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/415994-ford-powershift-dct-transmission-info-use-guide-new-owners-look-here.html

We've got many others with more information as you look around in the "stickies" here.

Might help with figuring out what's up with yours, as it helps to know both how it works best & what it might feel like if it ISN'T working right to get the most help (here or at the Dealer).

Welcome to FF!

(many members can help with comments/advice, and Meagan (the Ford rep. who checks in here) can help with any Dealer issues)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
It jerks like I own a stick shift when I accelerate or am in stop and go traffic, it's horrible and makes me feel like I got sold a car that doesn't feel new and smooth. I am very frustrated as well and was told "nothing was wrong" when I brought it in to ford.
Wow! Any pictures?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Katez123!

The PowerShift 6 Speed Transmission is designed to provide the feel and efficiency of a manual transmission with the easy driving of an automatic. The PowerShift transmission automatically engages the next gear in anticipation of the shift, providing seamless shifting. It also has neutral idling, which disengages the transmission when sitting at idle, and helps to maximize fuel efficiency.

Because the PowerShift 6 Speed Transmission operates similarly to a manual transmission, you may notice some characteristics that provide a unique driving experience from the automatic transmission you may be used to:
  • When you take your foot off the accelerator pedal and the vehicle begins to slow down you may perceive a light to medium braking sensation as the transmissions makes adjustments.
  • During the break in period, the transmission may shift quicker or harder. This will smooth out after a short period of time.
  • You may hear mechanical noises when driving.
  • You may feel a difference when pulling away from a stop.
Have these symptoms been consistent since you bought your Focus? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check into some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2013 Ford Focus from a dealership in San Antonio on January 28th 2015. Soon after a month the car began stall on me. I took it to the dealer and they found out it was the vapor valve having issues and it wasn't covered by the warranty I purchased (conveniently). After trying to figure why I had to pay for the part and service after not even having paid my first payment. The general manager just kept reiterating that they do a 172 point inspection. I was able to talk to a manager below and get the part to take to a local mechanic since they were charging me 350 for a part that costs 50 dollars.

Flash forward to today, I'm having another issue similar to the last. Except this time the car doesn't accelerate past 30 and it makes a clicking sound as I accelerate. It feels like it's trying to kick into gear of something. I'm getting tired of having car problems after just having this car for 3 months. Any suggestions as to what if can be or what I can do? Anything would be appreciated since I'm running out of options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford Focus

I was just wondering if anyone had an update on this problem with the Ford Focus. I just bought a 2014 Focus manual and I am having the same problem. I am just over 35,000 miles so I don't think that Ford will do anything for me. I wish that I would have test drove it more than down the road when I bought it. Any updates on that chronic FORD?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts