Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the history on my 2002 SVT Focus.

It has a T2 diff, an upgraded air intake K&N, BBK 65.5ml throttle body, bilstein shocks, einbach sway bar kit, stainless steel brake lines, FSWWERKS Under pulley kit, and a supertrap exhaust set which I have no discs on atm. Every time I accelerate I get a lot of popping sound coming from my exhaust pipe and I have no idea what could be causing that sound. I have changed out the spark plugs thinking it was an ignition issue which did little or nothing to fix the problem. I am thinking that it is a timing issue due to the bigger throttle body that is currently installed on it right now. I am looking for 2nd opinions to help me out before I buy something that I do not need atm.

Thank you for your your time by reading this.

I work in the Commercial HVAC industry so I am mechanically inclined on how things work but this is really kicking my head around in circles.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Do you have a tune on it yet ? with a xcal flasher it datalogs and could show the issues as well as make your SVT run much better and a tune alone might fix the issues if it is tune related

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts