Votes: 9 81.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which setup would you choose? The Accel coil upgrade with Accel Thunder Sport wires or the Screamin' Demon coil pack and Livewires?

The Accel setup would run about $140, while the Screamin' Demon setup is about $145.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
isnt sd and wires 9mm, compared to 8mm with accel, plus s.d. is more known and prolly better, i got some magnecor i believe, wating for my coilpack still paid about 120 or less for it

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
SD and live wires!!

They are a great way to smooth out a rough idle, smoother acceleration, and get some better MPG while your at it.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
ooo nice i had a valid point, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wonder what magnecors are 8.5mm i think

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can you only use the livewires for the SD coil pack? or will any sized aftermarket wires (say magnecors 8.5mm) work?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I had Magnacores on my SD coil, you just have to order the right ones b/c the conectors on the coil are diffrent from the stock ones.

·
Registered
461 Posts
what's the advantage of replacing the coil & wires rather than just wires? does it really make any difference in our cars?

side note; I refuse to pay 25% of the product's cost to ship something, so FocusSport is not getting my business on their spark plug wires ... any other recommendations under $60?

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
pLaYa2284 said:
what's the advantage of replacing the coil & wires rather than just wires? does it really make any difference in our cars?
The high performance coil pack will deliver a more juice to the plugs, creating a larger spark, and resulting in more horsepower. You need the bigger wires to handle the larger amount of electricity that the coil produces.

pLaYa2284 said:
side note; I refuse to pay 25% of the product's cost to ship something, so FocusSport is not getting my business on their spark plug wires ... any other recommendations under $60?
Accel ThunderSport wires run about $60 at Advance Auto Parts.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks dazada, I have to see now if I can afford to go with screamin' demon setup ... but I'll keep the Acell wires in mind just in case.

I couldn't figure out what the recommended replacement rate is on these higher performance wires though ... are they still 30,000 miles? I would assume that with the silicone jackets and all the heat and cold they withstand it should be at least double the factory set-up ... but no where had it listed in terms of longevity ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.