Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive searched here and fj and cant find it but ive seen posts about it... im trying to do the led in the vents mod in my 05, i got the passenger side vent out in like 2 seconds flat but the center and drivers sides wont budge... please help!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i had a hell of a time with the center one u have to kinda pop the bottom out first than slide it out evanly after u pop it out anyways thats how i did mine and the center one was the hardest to get out and as far as the drivers side one u have to take the gauge cover off and than it will come out

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i got it and leds installed... took about 4 hours, but i suck at wiring so i had to get my dad to help... pics tomorrow

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yeah i wired mine and they were a pita cause it was harder to hide the wires but when i yanked my radio out i fixed my crappy wiring job glad to see you got them working.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just used a spackle knife, and prayed to god i didnt break any clips.

If you ever haver to take them out again, jsut take a thin flat object (small flat head screwdriver or a spackle knife) and shimmy the vent, then grab that with your other hand and keep pulling slowly while moving the knife/screwdriver along the bottom, rinse and repeat.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^i used a small screwdriver with tape over the end...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts