Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have issues with the AC where it seems to just run the fan for a bit instead of full AC? I have noticed that if AC is set to on and I have the fan speed at 2 or 3 with temp at 70 I get cold air for awhile, but, at times it feels like just outside air running and I notice a smell inside and feels immediately humid. Then, shortly after, I feel the cold AC air again. I changed the setting to Auto, but, I still notice it. Is this normal behavior? I also noticed this happens more when braking or sitting at a red light.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unfortunately this is how the system works normally. The only way to get rid of the humid cycles is to set the temp to LO. I don't really mind it myself since my wife and I usually keep the house A/C set to 80 in the summer anyways. The house A/C doesn't pump humid air in though. In the car I set the temp to 71 or 72 and I don't think about it because I'm having too much fun driving my Focus. [woot]

·
Registered
109 Posts
The system is designed to attempt to maintain the temperature you have set. The Auto function only relates to fan speed, recirculate, and use of various dampers.

If you have it set to 70 and the AC is causing the air on the fan speed you have set to start to drop the temp below that it has to pump in fresh air to maintain the fan speed you have set.

I think that you not using the auto function is forcing the car to pump in outside air to maintain the temperature you have set.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hit recirculate, problem solved if you don't mind the small jump in noise. (FYI, Auto doesn't get turned off when you hit the recirculate button)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts